Curiosity

Out walking and idly looking at the various manhole covers and hydrant covers.

I saw one that had this cast on "Sewer Wash Out".

Purpose obvious - but why and were are this situated? It was fire hrdrant sized.

Reply to
JohnP

I can see two possible purposes - a point to put water in to wash out the sewer or a hydrant (by another name) used purely as a source of water for washing out the sewer. I assume the latter?

Reply to
Steve Walker

Fire appliances carry a database of all fire hydrants and washout hydrants which can be used as second preference source of water

see

Andy Burns

Andy Burns snipped-for-privacy@andyburns.uk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Fascinating - that is tomorrow taken care of.

Reply to
JohnP