Subject Author Posted Replies

Large plant tubs and squirrels
Every night the local squirrels that seemed only to have reappeared during the last two weeks, have been digging in the soil of every tub every night and making a bloody mess. Are there successful...
7
7

OT: Instagram
I am not a big fan of social media, which I have successfully resisted (unless Usenet counts as social media, that is). I am wondering about a limited foray into Instagram to be able to send periodic...
10
10

Ping Brian Gaff re new app
On the BBC R4 Today programme there is an item about a new AI based app to help blind people by describing their surroundings in some detail. The app is interactive in that you can ask it where the...
5
5

quality days
One of my projects in restoring these rare one of a kind television shows and commercials is to tell the story of the boomers that help shape America and the World rolling with their toys in their...

Mount PV panels
What's the cheapest way to mount PV panels on a low slope tiled roof? Was thinking of ss strap, but mfr wants 6" gap under the panels, strap won't do that.
7
7

Next sales opportunity for CU manufacturers?
Seems like the effects of diverted neutral currents is creeping onto various people's radars, John Ward has a couple of videos, eFixx reporting that parliament is interested in it, other sparkies too....
6
6

OT Biggles
I used to read Biggles books when a child, but this is quite an eye-opener: Who scuttled Rod Macaster’s cabin cruiser at its moorings, and how did the smell of burning peat come to pervade the...
12
12

florabest 40v battery FAP 40 AI
Were can i purchase one of these please.

Battery Repair
I have a number of garden tools powered by EGO Power+ 56V power packs. The largest of which - 5Ah I use on my mower has becoming faulty ... mower works for a while then stops with 'overload lights on...
5
5

TomTom query
When I was on holiday we were staying at a farm cottage, well off the road network. I set up the location using grid reference instead. This worked fine for getting to the cottage, correctly showing...
5
5

How to set light to your toes
Earlier in the year I went to light the BBQ, only to realise that the coal tray had pretty much rusted right through, and had massive holes in it. I managed to bodge a repair by laying a bit of scrap...
8
8

OT: Before you buy that new EV.....
Just consider this: The Biden Administration’s EV push comes with safety risks to infrastructure and increased costs. The Biden Administration’s EV push comes with safety risks to infrastructure...
106
106

Suspended shelf construction
I'm building a suspended shelf which will hold a hefty (14kg) video projector. There's a picture of a previous, less substantial, version at Fixing it securely to the ceiling joists will be no problem...
55
55

Gloves for brambles
A recommendation, rather than an ask, bought a set of these leather/kevlar gloves for under a tenner (make sure to select the 6044 green version). <>They make your hands *absolutely* *invincible*...
37
37

Scam?
Track your package alert from Amazon. Clicked on the button which took me to the Amazon page offering e-mail or mobile phone login. They have my mobile number so I duly entered it. Not recognised came...
8
8