Subject Author Posted Replies

TV coax puzzle
Our house is cabled with coax to every main room. The aerial in the loft has a cable into the sitting room, and there are two distribution cables that feed wall plates in the front and back of house....
7
7

Toilet blocked by caustic soda
Hello all. Please can someone help. My brand new toilet somehow got blocked. So, I poured a cap full of caustic soda down it and some boiling water. Nothing happened. So I kept doing it, so much so...
20
20

MOT Welding Standard
Hi, I've been forced to DIY a bit of welding on this old car I'm doing up for the MOT which involves replacing a jacking point which was badly rusted. Never having used a MIG before (and don't it...
33
33

Binky gets sprayed
You know where ...
5
5

Dentists
What is the story with dentists are they open for non essential things?....been hearing conflicting stories...I have broken a tooth no pain or anything will I be treated or will I have to go private...
44
44

Speaking of aerials, what's this....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MdmltedOLjzhM89ebsaQvTEJzRb1CILe/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MdmltedOLjzhM89ebsaQvTEJzRb1CILe/view?usp=sharing
45
45

Marquetry
I recall back in the late 1950s that my father made several items they were decorated with marquetry. He wasn't particulary artistic and I suppose some "kits" were involved.. Was it a fad or fasion at...
27
27

Ping Tim....
Does this go against your vegi principals?... Swine Of The Times: Pig-to-Human Organ Transplants On Track For 2021 | Hackaday
12
12

Fire Hoods for in-ceiling Atmos speakers
Just noticed these in the Richer Sounds Clearance sale. I find it difficult to believe that this would provide 66 minutes of protection. The speaker itself will contain wiring and other plastic...
23
23

OT: Covid testing when being vaccinated
Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when they turn up for their vaccination?
57
57

eyes follow up....
> Keep us posted about how it goes. > Well about the same time as the eye changes I was getting migraines with aura once a day for about a week ....I have been having migraines with aura off and on...
39
39

Illuminated pocket magnifier
Looking for a simple magnifier that I can slip into a pocket or bag and carry with me. I find some things more difficult to read these days - still manage quite small type but definitely not as good...
7
7

Ceilings 1970's
When I moved into my house in 1975 all the ceilings were done with polystyrene type was about the same width as a roll of wallpaper and must have came in rolls. When you look up at it looks like all...
14
14

laser printer issue
Samsung printer ML-2240. If I load up with say 100 sheets x A4 it will print ok around 75 pages then it stops picking up the paper, If I top up the paper again to 100 sheets it starts picking up again...
17
17

Fake NHS Vaccination SCAM Email
Some of us can spot these a mile off. Other, less computer literate (including mobile phone users) may not. Fake NHS Vaccination SCAM Email I received this email today purporting to invite me to get a...
7
7