seeing olde-fashioned bottle lampholder adapter, with no pref8itted cable

Hi all you know the adapters that allow you to turn a bottle into a lampholder? Often featured on Blue Peter etc. in the 1970's. I'm after one of these but can only find them with pre-fitted mains lead and plug, which is not what I want.

Any sources of the 'raw' adapter with no cables attached?

Thanks, J^n

Reply to
jkn

Steve Walker

I managed to get a bulkhead mounted sbc lampholder from amazon.

Added in my own wire...you can probably bode a standard lamp holder into a bottle top - most screw in with a double ended threaded adapter and you can embed one bit of the thread in e.g. car body filler..

E.g. here is a complete kit, but nearly all the bits can be purchases separately

so here is the bung that will take most standard electek lampholders.

if that works your only real problem is sorting out the cable exit from the bottle. diamond core drill?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for the various pointers guys.

I am replacing one of the white plastic style, and had considered the brass style (it would fit better aesthetically with the current lampholder), but couldn't find one with a switch. That also looks like it has a variety of screw adapters; I am not sure if the current one is metric or imperial.

Cheersm J^n

Reply to
jkn