Outdoor tap to dog-wash station

I want to make it easier and more pleasant to wash the mud off the dog before letting him in the kitchen. Currently there is just a cold tap and a hose and a drain in the back yard.

It would be easy enough to tee off a HW pipe indoors and put a HW supply outside alongside the cold, but what I need then is a something like an exterior shower mixer, maybe some kind of commercial or agricultural fitting with a flexi hose and a trigger head (plus the original cold tap for the garden hose). Does such a thing exist?

TW

Reply to
TimW

More pleasant for you or the dog ? :-)

Downstairs wet room next to the boot room is the only way. Ask any farmer.

Honda used to have a power-shower built in to one of their SUV's (CRV ?) so that owners could hose down pooch before allowing it into the car.

Reply to
Andrew

Simple, install a fixed temperature mixer valve inside feeding a second outside tap. I have a few here I removed from our last home designed to stop mentally handicapped from scalding themselves. If you are anywhere near NR10 you are welcome to come and pick one up.

If so reply directly as I don't often check this newsgroup.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Rogers

On 31/12/2021 12:58, Andrew wrote: ...

I was under the impression that was to clean muddy boots. It would be useful to the people you see hopping about on one foot in rural car parks, as they try to change shoes after a walk in the country.

Reply to
nightjar

TimW used his keyboard to write :

Our downstairs toilet has a single tap (now) at the washbasin, I fed that from hot and cold via a presetable thermostatic mixer, because our hot was very hot/scalding and kids used it.

The toilet backs onto our drive, so we simply clip a hose onto the tap with a clamp adaptor, hose has a spray head and it works fine for our BC when she is muddy. We also have a large fold up dog bath - a waterproof fabric, with a tubular support frame, which is walk in for her with which we can use in summer for a full bathing session and no mess in the house.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

It's much easier to sit on the loading platform - if you have an estate car.

Reply to
charles

Had to look it up...

Honda Dog Friendly Features 2019

Adrian Caspersz

Fucking hell. So much technology.

Now did I miss a "move into the empty left hand lane and allow Adam to overtake you button"?

Reply to
ARW

No it was a person-shower that clipped on to the top of the tailgate and allowed surfers etc. to wash salt off them after being in the sea. It was powered in a pump was used to get the water out of the tank to the head but hardly a power shower. And it was a (very expensive) option.

Reply to
mm0fmf

... and if you haven't got dogs who take opening the back as a sign to get in.

Reply to
nightjar

It was an option which fitted into a ?pit? in the boot. The pit was about the size of a spare wheel- which mounted on the rear door of the first two models.

Reply to
Brian

Bullfinch make one which has a flap you lift to access a hole into which goes a keyed hose attachment. From memory, it turns to adjust the hot/ cold mix.

They are intended for fitting to motorhomes or caravans but I can see no reason you couldn?t fit one with a bit of work.

Reply to
Brian

How about training the dog not to get wet? I have a collie and she comes in pretty dry even if it is raining. I also have her daughter and she will go in streams, but still comes home pretty dry. This weekend I am looking after two spaniels, and they come home soaking even in a drought.

Reply to
misterroy

Good luck trying to train spaniels or retrievers to keep out of water! Verging on cruelty to deny them their pleasure. ;-)

Some collies just don?t care much for water (like my own). Nothing to do with training in my case, it?s just in the nature of certain dogs/breeds.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I?m not a dog owner so can?t really comment. I?m only aware of the shower things as they are part of a range of other things ( mains sockets, BBQ points etc ). Our motorhome has an external shower thing but we use it for rinsing off boots etc.

Reply to
Brian

It sounds as though it was different things to different people.

Reply to
nightjar

In message <sqp5gb$amv$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Brian snipped-for-privacy@lid.org writes snip

Short lesson in cleaning muddy wellies..

Find hose with controllable jet. Partly remove left wellie, fold at ankle to expose dirty sole. Rinse with water jet. Refit wellie and repeat for other foot. Put hose away.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

We find a quick rise works most of the time if not we have a brush.

Reply to
Brian

water is not the problem. It's the magnetic attraction between a dog and fox poo that causes problems.

Reply to
Andrew

including the return visit from the pub when balance is tricky ?.

Also depends on the make of welly. Argyles used to have plenty of 'slop' around the calves allowing them to be put on and kicked off while holding other stuff with both hands, or hanging onto a door frame to maintain balance.

Most of the cheapo stuff now on sale are a struggle to get on/off if you have feet larger than size 8

Local Mole Valley country store (ex Scats) sells wellies for £130+ /pair to their new favoured clientelle, the horsy brigade with females who give their daughters wierd names.

'kin hell.

Reply to
Andrew