Outdoor tap non return valves problem

my outdoor tap has two non return valves as per the regs. But unfortunately these have quite a small central hole for the water so effectively reduce the flow to about the equivalent of 6mm pipe. Consequently the hose water pressure is low and not enough to power oscillating sprinklers etc.

Anybody know a solution to this problem - legal of course!

Davy

Reply to
Davy

Buy a better tap. Mine gives a decent flow, certainly more than enough to serve the items you mention

Reply to
cynic

Step up the pipe size and use bigger valves, then step down pipe size to the tap?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Take the NRV off & bin it. Waste of time. You have more chance of being attacked by a rabid ferret in pink tights than getting back syphonage.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Chances are it will be destroyed by the next severe frost, anyway.

I suppose the risk is a mains supply valve closure, with consumers

*downhill* gravity wise from you, continuing to draw water. If your tap is on and the hose end below water level in your garden pond e.g. nasty stuff might get sucked up and distributed by the system.

Mind you, the only Cryptosporidium outbreak round here was due to a water supply treatment failure.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb