Subject Author Posted Replies

Monobloc Tap tails
How are you supposed to tighten them into the recesessed body of the tap? Is it enough to just hand tighten them as they rely on an "O" ring?
4
4

Fan/Blower bearing support
I have an air handling unit down due to fan failure .... its a DC variable speed blower, and the rotor is a tangential set of blades fitted around the motor .... on one end there is a ball bearing...
7
7

Bolt for gate
Our gate fell off the wall and I have now had it repaired by a welder, who replaced the corroded steel post in its entirety. The gate is perfectly level but the bolt is tight due to previous...
7
7

Heat loss calculations.
I am going to have to change out my boiler. I had my whole house heating design done by underfloor heating company. They sized boiler at 28kW ... (so currently have 30kW boiler) Think it prudent to...
17
17

Thermal store and Aga
Hello. We have an oil fired Aga and it is connected to our thermal store.When the water gets too hot in the thermal store the excess circulates around the radiators. This system has worked perfectly...

6 AA cell battery holder
After very many years my Kamasa 4" 7.4V battery grinder has a defunct 6 AA NiCad battery. I recelled it in 2013 with the 2/3 C 2Ah cells. In common with my ancient Ryobi 18V drill 4 of the cells are...
10
10

Quiz - where did I find these objects?
https://i.imgur.com/MryiVxv.jpg
10
10

Kerosene in a diesel engine?
So what would it do ?
14
14

Low-profile electricals
I'm about to lose an existing double-gang wall socket behind a new wardrobe, and would like to run a plugged-in extension lead from it to a new surface-mounted socket just beside the wardrobe. What...
34
34

CH feed/overflow tank - gunge
I've just been in the loft, and thought that while I was there I'd look into the cold water tank (incredibly corroded parts, the tank itself being PVC, but it all works) and the CH feed/overflow tank....
14
14

Faulty VHS
I've got two VHS players. One works fine. The other is a Philips VR 608. Been used very little. It was bought purely to play NTSC VHS tapes - my main machine, a Panasonic S-VHS wouldn't. On powering...
4
4

GasSafe
I know that there GasSafe registration is to prove competence to work on Gas appliances. However does not mean they are any good - just safe. Just thought worth re-telling of last week's boiler...
1
1

PAT Testing Equipment
I have from my Father in MINT condition - 1 x Parker Bell 500SP PAT Tester, complete with lead, leather carry case Instructional Video, Instruction handbook & quick Instruction cards Packs of test...
13
13

Ethanol
Been quite a few scare stories in the press about how E10 petrol - coming here later this year - will damage many older cars. Much of it the usual press bollocks, after all E5 has been around for...
97
97

Amazon Prime - inertia selling? (2023 Update)
I found a "subscription" charge for £7.99 marked Amazon Prime. I have never knowingly signed up. I think it might be one of those almost-concealed bits of wording that could easily be missed. Next,...
44
44