Subject Author Posted Replies

EDF called
To try and book me for a Smart Meter. I told the almost English speaking bint at the far end that I didn't want it and put the phone down. Am I required to take it?
22
22

OT: Chickens coming home to roost?
Future Renewables Eco, a wind farm investment company, goes bust, in spite of all the subsidies. What will it be like when subsidies are withdrawn? or Mini-bond investors may only receive 30pc of...
2
2

OT - Experience of OpenReach FTTP installation via telegraph poles
Hi All, As mentioned on another thread, I am getting FTTP installed tomorrow. My current phone line is provided from a telegraph pole in the street to a gable end at the front of my house and into the...
53
53

Volts
Well looks like the volts have gone off definitively now. Been a bit flaky all evening. No call from UK Power networks yet, though.
21
21

Buying 82mm bricks for my extension?
Do house extension bricks have to be the same height as existing bricks? They are around 82mm high ! 4 + 1/4 inches New metric bricks are 50mm or 65mm high. Are they around 50 pence each new but...
3
3

Riddle on windfarms later tonight on GBnews
9.p.m. Dan Wootton

Signal boosters?
Do they work? I have a Freeview TV with an indoor aerial, I wasn't expecting much but it works well most of the time. But occasionally it's unwatchable. I'll get a proper aerial if necessary but...
26
26

Saniflo rant
I've accepted a quote to replace a Saniflo, from a fitter on the Saniflo website. Total cost quoted is £695 +VAT. I can buy the new unit for £380 + VAT, so that means I am paying over £300 + VAT...
20
20

from British Gas ....
Dear James There?s been a lot in the news lately about challenges in the energy market. We want to reassure you that there?s nothing for you to worry about as a British Gas customer. We buy a lot of...
20
20

B&D 400H-H15 - R.I.P.
Gosh, my Black & Decker 400H-H15 drill has finally given up the ghost. My father passed it on to me at least 20 years ago and I don't know how old it was then. I think the switch has died but I doubt...
10
10

Avro web site
Although the Avro web site gives all appearances of being broken it still works if you persevere. I've just been able to download my previous statements etc. and print off other relevant details. It...
4
4

no panic up here
As luck would have it, I topped up the car a day before the crisis broke out. I claim no credit. It was pure luck. My impression is that the queues for petrol have more or less ended now.
9
9

1N4007 size
I have just taken delivery of some 1N4007 wire ended diodes for a repair, but they are physically much smaller than I anticipated and I cannot distinguish the numbers on them. They are similar in size...
7
7

OT: It could happen to you
Power outages in northeastern China have plunged millions of homes into darkness, triggered factory shutdowns and threatened to disrupt the water supply in at least one province. The Global Times...
5
5

working from home
how did people work from home before personal computers?......and those that do now should get out and get a proper job don't you think?
19
19