OT - Andriod Gmail App

My friend has used the android Gmail app for years to access his internet providers email - snipped-for-privacy@xyz.com.

With an upcoming change in internet provider he is trying to migrate away from this address towards his gmail account - snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

In the android gmail app whenever he selects "compose", on the screen which opens, the "from" field is pre-populated with snipped-for-privacy@xyz.com

There is a little drop down arrow which allows him to select snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com as the sender.

Is there a way to make the snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com the default sender when opening a compose window. (and hence snipped-for-privacy@xyz.com the one selectable from the menu)

He and I have both looked through all of the settings we feel might be relevant and done extensive google searches but have so far drawn a blank.

Anybody else had this problem?

Reply to
Chris B

Login to gmail on a web browser, and go through settings

"Accounts and Import" -> "Send Mail as"

Changes there should apply to the account.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

instead of the gamail app, login to the gmail website, click the settings cog, all settings, accounts and import, send mail as.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks both, will give that a go. Should have asked here earlier and saved hours of searching :-)

Reply to
Chris B

One of the main issues that Android mail has is that the way it sends email seems to make many email lists send a blank content or body. I don't have an android phone but its probably including some graphics or using only html content not a plain text copy as well. Anyone noticed this? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Nope, most who email me do use androids and I can't say I have ever seen that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

After opening the app, tap on the == menu option on the top left, then tap on the v and select the Gmail account. Inbox and Compose should then default to the Gmail account, assume it's set up correctly. Select Settings for the Gmail account to set the From and signature &c.

Reply to
Max Demian

Somebody has contacted me with another issue with the Android email app, It seems that many email lists reject the message body and blank it when he replies or sends content to these lists. Is this some setting in the type of content, or a bug in the email system somewhere. The list owners suggest its not their end as they are compliant. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff