Subject Author Posted Replies

30mm Mixer Tap for small sink
Hi, I'm struggling to find a new mixer tap for a small toilet cubicle sink. The sink originally had 2 taps, but I blanked one off on hole and used the other for th mixer. I originally installed a...
8
8

storm damage
If half my roof had just been blown off, I don't think I'd be hanging around outside my front door for the rest to kill me! <>...
7
7

One radiator seems to need bleeding weekly ?
Have noticed that on rad seems prone to getting air in it. Patchy heat distribution until opening the bleed valve, and a satisfying long hiss. Then it all heats up again. Pressure in system seems to...
30
30

Well I woke up this morning.....
(This is not a blues song!) ... to discover that my radio alarm clock was not working. It's fairly old, probably 15 years or so, DAB/FM. Imvestigation has shown that the SMPS rated at 5 volts, 1 amp...
32
32

string of solar powered lights
I would like to put a few small lights along my main gate, to reduce the chances of someone crashing into it. The gate slides, so the electricity will have to come from solar panels, or long-lasting...
15
15

Tool systems
Hi all I want to get into a tool system ,basically one type of batteries. . Is there a sort of standard set of tools that are the best ? I am not looking for red devil or Powermax or any of those...
26
26

Mains voltage
Everyone must be cooking their turkeys because my mains voltage is only 217V and my solar PV inverter keeps dropping off line, not that there's much daylight available anyway. Happy Crimble!
64
64

Anyone with a sauna? Starting to consider one.
Part of the long term plan was to install a sauna in the Mother of All Sheds. 10+ years later it might happen. I'm now looking on line and there are traditional steam saunas (electric heater and...
8
8

Re: New Windows 7 install (update)
I looked a Macrium Reflect but didn't even attempt to try the "free for 30 days" thing as it was heavily driven towards the big push on continuing subscription so no doubt would have contained all...
1
1

Opentherm for 2 zone heating and Nest thermostats control
Hi, I wonder if I can get some advice. I'm trying to find the way of convneting my 2 zone heating controlled by 2 nest thermostats via heatlink connected to viesmann vitodends 100 system boiler....

Senility is...
...turning on the cold tap and waiting for hot water to come out ;-)
36
36

Powered Paint Roller????
Kaercher are advertising a floor cleaner on TV. appears to have a water tank feeding down to two paint rollers which are powered by a motor. Could this be DIY re-purposed as a powered paint machine?...
1
1

Yodel "deliveery"
I despatched a rotary saw, carefully packed via Yodel to an eBay purchaser. Yodel was his choice. There was no one in, so the driver dumped the box on top of a pile of garbage beside refuse bins in...
10
10

Any laser printer experts on here?
My Samsung CLP-680 laser printer is producing messy colour prints, the B&W prints are OK. There's lots of toner around the cyan cartridge, others seem clean. A test print looks OK but has a few small...
15
15

Trouble in cold weather lighting the woodstove
"Asking for a friend": my mate has a woodstove which has "a stainless steel flue which is on an outside wall" (his description). He has read that this can mean that the flue can get very cold,...
29
29