Subject Author Posted Replies

Faulty zone valve?
We have a couple of Boss Therm BZV22 two port zone valves controlling the DHW and central heating circuits and for the last couple of days radiators have been getting hot when the CH thermostat has...
12
12

Old Suffolk Punch recoil starter versus rope kind
Last February I bought a secondhand Suffok Punch for £60 from a local lawnmower hobbyist, who refurbishes dozens of old machines. He even replaced the recoil starter last Friday for free when it...
61
61

Paint scraper Which one ?
Which is the best electric paint scraper to remove. layers of old paint on interior walls. And manageable enough not to damage the plaster
4
4

Aqualise Aquarian E96 SHower - not getting hot, no pressure
I'm looking for a diagnosis: Aqualisa Aquarian E96 mixer shower (hot and cold supply). Here: 't get hot at all. Turn up to full hot =3D very slow shower, more of a dribble, only slightly = warm. Turn...
9
9

Preparing plaster for another coat
Regular readers may not remember that I took away skirting panels in my dressing room, and I am attempting to finish it off by covering the exposed concrete with plaster. All in order to get another...
3
3

Spot the (deliberate?) mistake
An experiment on polishing marble(Bianco Carrara) using orbital sander and diamond polishing sheet Since orbital sander do not have water feeding structure, surface of the marble tend to lack water....
4
4

BOGOF - 2 questions about floors and tiling
KInd of mirror images of each other, actually: 1 I have a concrete screeded portion of a floor that is well set but I can= 't get to tiling for a while, for various reasons. As bare concrete, it's =...
6
6

Removing plaster of a little baroque castle in Bohemia
meant to say Removing Paint Hi All, We .. that is myself and three sons are restoring this house in the Czech countryside . It has paint on the walls since it had a very big makeover in 1730. the...
13
13

More Garage Headroom
I want to increase the headroom in my garage to use a car lift. No, I do not want a pit so please do not suggest one. I have 2.4 mtrs under the trusses and would like nearer say 3.6 mtrs under the...
18
18

Now this did make oi larrf
Someone having a go at Rod Speed for being a tard, but look who it is...
15
15

Be careful buying Cat5e cable
I would be very interested to hear the particulars of this case. Was it a cable sold as a brand or did they know they were getting something sub-par, just not how bad it is? I imagine you are...
22
22

What is this item called - drainage
I have a plastic one with an inlet for the bath. I think it's been used because if the bath drained into the top of it, there would be no fall on the pipe. This plastic one has a piece of plastic you...
15
15

Why house insurance is/will be going up.
21
21

OT Skegness
My parents have a holiday home in Filey. They had this picture in their hallway couple of years ago when I took the gf there for the weekend I swapped the picture for this one Dad decided the new one...
5
5

The problem with idiot proofing
Is that someone will design a better idiot. Brian
5
5