Subject Author Posted Replies

Razor blades
Not strictly a DIY matter, but: are all razor blades - for shaving - created equal? I tried an old-fashioned safety-blade for a while, but I was disappointed to discover that the stupidly-named and...
13
13

Buy to let.
Panel seems to have a negative view on Buy To Let for some sound reasons it seems to me. Not the gold mine then.. So how about buying gold? The actual metal I mean.
2
2

Oil filled heater painting
Have a working one of these but its going bald. Underneath the metal looks pretty rough. what is the rt of paint used on these that will stay on, just like the old stuff does not! can one paint them...
4
4

Mending broken bus windows
Vandals have broken 3 windows on the Rainbow Kids Bus. How can I repair them so they're legal on the road? Find replacement originals somewhere? Get a window firm to cut and fit laminate glass? Make...
23
23

Down the Toilet a Little Bit Further Every Day ...
Driving along today, I saw two professionally produced road-signs advising where "Motorway Prohidited Traffic" should go, followed by another that stated "This Road Will Be Clased Between ..." So...
8
8

Firefox funny.
Accessed my Ebay account first thing using Firefox on my Win7 laptop. No problems. Later in the day tried to on this Win7 desktop. Firefox wouldn't run and threw up an error message. Quitted and...
15
15

Re: MAGAZINE : PC Gamer UK – September 2012
Spamming git.

windmills article in a popular paper
daily mail today: The Government's green energy plans for the next eight years are a £124 billion 'blunder' that will hit every UK household, a senior British economist has said.
10
10

Rogues gallery entry
When I get the chance to upload some pictures I will have this week's entry for the rogues gallery/wall of shame. Found some very unusual modifications to a couple of joists when we took down the...

I read this, and thought of Rodders.
6
6

OT: Boat sinks on great barrier reef.
ABC news revealed today that the pleasure cruiser "Hindsight" sank on the great barrier reef at 3pm, we'll see. It was carrying 6 paying revellers, worse for wear drinking "speedy homebrew". Every...
3
3

The Special Olympics
May I wish dennis, Rod Speed and Jim Newman by best wishes in their attempts to win a gold medal in the 2013 Special Olympics I have a feeliing the Aussies will do well in this one.
4
4

Replacement concrete garage sections.
So far Google hasn't been a very helpful friend. The panels are 6'6" X 1'4" and 3" thick at the edges. The only place selling replacement panels that I have found so far doesn't have that size; -and...
7
7

Epoxy Mortar?
I need to repair a panel on a sectional concrete garage. there is a fair bit of spalling etc. where previous owner had drilled into the panel to fix the clothes line. It's a corner panel so needs to...
8
8

Replacing ceiling, will this timber be rigid enough?
I have some 3x2 timbers running across a 6 foot span at 2 foot intervals attached to a frame on the wall. The have ended up being fitted so that the plasterboards (9mm) will be screwed to the 3 inch...
2
2