Subject Author Posted Replies

Source of Ozzie Bright light bulbs?
This is a bit of a long shot, but... When 75 watt incandescent bulbs were about to disappear from the shelves about a year ago I bought a pack of 5 of them from some local shop. I have now discovered...
9 years ago 13

Bathroom refurb - unvented indirect cylinder
Thinking about completely refurbishing a bathroom this year. A largish area is taken up by a built in cupboard which contains shelving for towels etc and a vented indirect cylinder. It occurs to me...
9 years ago 2

Ping Owain
Email me please. On Jan 21, 11:06=A0pm, "ARWadsworth" wrote: Done. Owain
9 years ago 1

Bathromm refurb - unvented indirect cylinder
Thinking about completely refurbishing a bathroom this year. A largish area is taken up by a built in cupboard which contains shelving for towels etc and a vented indirect cylinder. It occurs to me...
9 years ago

Hot water issue
Dear all, I wonder if you can help. I am having issues with my hot water, in regards to water pressure. Long usage will result in the water chugging as though an air lock wants to form. Or showers...
9 years ago 9

quiet cooker hood
Can anyone recommend cooker hoods (below 300 quid) that are fairly quiet for a certain air speed? Specs always quote their maximum dBa which is useless when the extraction rates all vary. The...
9 years ago 3

Trip switch (MCB) tolerance
I've just noticed that the power supply to our garage (running fridge- freezer, 2 lights, tumble-dryer & whatever power tool I need to use (e.g. strimmer)) connects back to our consumer unit at a...
9 years ago 13

designair cooker hood
Getting kitchen from B&Q (60% off a fictional price + 15% off). The cooker hood in the design is Designair VL370SS, 850m^3/hr max, 175 quid. Anyone had a Designair hood ? Any good ? Not sure whether...
9 years ago

Sink/washing machine waste to soil pipe - anti-syphon trap the trick
Following the big freeze, and having a narrow escape with a frozen waste pipe going to an outside drain, I want to re-plumb the pipe to go down the toilet stack in the cloakroom it passes, on it's way...
9 years ago 4

Water leaks and water meters
Just a heads up to anyone this may be relevant to if they have a water leak and have a metered water supply. A friend of mine has just suffered this due to a frozen/burst water pipe in an unoccupied...
9 years ago 2

Extractor for lounge
I suffer from some sort of chemical allergy that the NHS seem to be unable to do anything about. We need some sort of extractor to keep our lounge 18 x 13 x 8 reasonably clear when visitors come round...
9 years ago 10

Bosch dishwasher fix
I've got a dishwasher about 5 years old, model SGI57M05GB. It's not cleaning the pots too good any longer and it seems that the spray arms are not getting enough pressure. I've done the usual cleaning...
9 years ago 9

'Twas on a Monday morning the gas man came to call
About a year ago, they laid new gas mains down our road and to every property. With all the heavy rain of late, I started to get raw sewage coming up through my rainwater gully. Lots of jetting later...
9 years ago 11

Guttering tip
It's usually either WD-40, or Duct-Tape. In this case probably the latter... Had to replace a 90 degree corner on some guttering yesterday, which involved removing an 18" length of gutter. The new...
9 years ago 8

Re: Little wires used for sign and lamp hanging?
In article , says... Something like this? In article , says... Or this... Wire hangers. Available from electrical suppliers. I bought some last week, i thought I was ripped off at £2.50 each (around...
9 years ago 7