Subject Author Posted Replies

Miele G1022 dishwasher
Hello. Does anyone have one of these? If so, could they possibly take a picture of the lower tray and the runner mechanism? I've bought one of these units secondhand and to lower tray doesn't running...
9 years ago

Contacting Toolstation
Does anyone know how to contact Toolstation to raise a technical query about an item before ordering it? I can't find anything vaguely resembling "Contact Us" on their website, nor any phone number or...
9 years ago 7

HP Officejet D145 All-in-one Printer query
A quick question - does this printer work with only the black cartridge present ? Reason - I've effectively won one of these and my daughter needs a printer with the facilities this has, but of course...
9 years ago 4

Door Closers
People keep leaving my front door a bit open, wasting pounds of heat... Are automatic door closers a good idea? Wickes have Adjustable Spring Door Closer its internal, wouldnt cope with a gale......
9 years ago 10

Spares for Tefal GV9360 iron?
My wife has managed to melt something nasty on to the ceramic "ultra-gliss" sole plate of our nearly new iron grrr! She's failed to get it off so it looks like a new sole plate - google hasn't been...
9 years ago 2

Headphone socket
I have a Marshall MG30FDX guitar amp that has a suspect headphone socket and believe me, for the sanity of my wife and our neighbours, I _need_ the headphone socket to work! :-) I'm not into...
9 years ago 9

cutting oak worktops
Hi - whats the best method to cut oak worktops ( 38mm) Its the cutouts for the hob and sink I'm asking about - the skill saw should deal with the end cuts as had some oak before and cut it up into...
9 years ago 7

Unexplained MCB trips on outbuilding feed
2 years ago I put electrics into our garage. It's connected as follows: Main House TN-S 100A supply split with Henley Block -> Small CU with DP switch + 20A Type B MCB -> 100m of 10mm SWA -> Garage CU...
9 years ago 13

Chrome and Chrome Effect
Looking for a heated towel-rail/radiator for new shower room, and I find some are chrome and some are 'chrome effect' (and cheaper). How do they differ, or put another way, what is 'chrome effect',...
9 years ago 14

hot water tank, replacement and possible move
Hi, I am more than likely in this house for the duration. The hot water tank started leaking last night, it will need replaced, which tank should I buy for long life, a grade 1? If the tank was moved...
9 years ago 7

Blagging a trade account
I've approached a local BM to apply for a trade account. I'm not a trader but I want to make out that I run a very small business. They want me to call them back on Monday so they can go through some...
9 years ago 30

Cleaning up liquefied rubber
I've taken an 8mm film projector out of storage to find that the drive belts are now a sticky liquefied mess. What is the best way to clean up this stuff - what will do the best job of dissolving it...
9 years ago 19

OT MOT Advisories
I got an advisory with my last MOT the the rubber bushes on the steering were starting to crack. The car has been fine since and as I do not do a high milage I wonder what the procedure will be in my...
9 years ago 35

Re: 2 horses electrocuted at Newbury races
That's not me. I've heard somewhere of this happening with cattle where there is a current flowing through the ground. The current takes the path of least resistance, which happens to be up the hind...
9 years ago 23

Quadrant Shower Enclosures
Having a very small shower room, we are looking to replace our current shower with a 900cm quadrant shower enclosure. We do not really want the door to open out into the room so we have looked at both...
9 years ago 9