Daily Express and Bacon Sarnies

I never thought that I would live long enough to read the truth in the Daily Express.

Reply to
ARW

number-one-snack

Thought it was the UK's number 1 killer - or was that only cheap bacon?

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Brown sauce & white bread?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Next week: "Bacon butties: the new wonder cure for altzheimers"

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Now you've started it:

Very lightly toasted brown bread allowed to cool before applying butter or spread of choice. Optional English mustard or horseradish on bottom slice.

3 slices thick cut bacon cooked to taste. Chopped baby plum tomatoes sprinkled with dried oregano. Baby gem lettuce cut across into rounds. Add mayo to the top slice before closing. Consume uncut.
Reply to
fred

En el artículo , Tony Bryer escribió:

Week after that: "Bacon butties cause house price crash"

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Can't be true. There are too many packys around for that & they won't eat it.

Reply to
harry

That's not a bacon butty, that's the abortion known in some circles as a BLT.

Buttered fresh Chorleywood process white bread, as sold by Morrisons as toasting bread, butter, mustard to taste and smoked bacon. Our local butty van has it just right.

Reply to
John Williamson

Agreed. Agin nature, no good will come of it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well, I'm not convinced, I think this article is a coded message to our spies abroad. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If it was the Guardian it might be a coded message to enemy spies here.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The following week. "Horse DNA found in Bacon butties"

Reply to
whisky-dave

In article , fred writes

Doesn't matter what's in it or how it's cooked, a bacon butty from a distinctly unhygienic-looking roadside greasy spoon will always taste miles better than anything you could come up with at home.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Amen to that! Botulism burgers and salmonella sandwiches.

Tciao for Now!

John.

Reply to
John Williamson

You can't buy a decent pork pie daan Saath.

Reply to
harry

+1
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

At least part of that is down to the taste of freedom.

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison

Followed by "Bacon sarnies killed Diana"

Reply to
ARW

It's more scientific than that. The more unhygenic looking the roadside greasy spoon the better the bacon sarnies. I have done the research.

Reply to
ARW

The freedom the bacon enjoyed galloping around the New Forest ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain