Subject Author Posted Replies

Secure nuts - are there such things?
I have some solar panels secured to the roof of our boat by lengths of studding in tapped holes in the boat roof. Is there any 'clever' way I can make it difficult to remove the nuts holding the...
14
14

Baxi combination boiler problem
I have changed the seal and diaphram on the three-way valve mechanism (that detects when water is being drawn from a hot tap) on our Baxi 105 boiler. After replacing the parts, it won't start up. The...
6
6

Exterior filler
Been using this stuff for odds and ends, am amazed how well it works as a fine surface exterior filler. It needs a tiny amount of water (much less than you think) to make it sloppier, but it still...
1
1

Condensation inside double-glazing sealed units.
Good day.. I've noticed that one of my double-glazed windows has condensation inside its sealed units. I gather this means that they are no longer sealed. Does this mean that its thermal insulation...
53
53

OT timing belt replacement
I have my car (Skoda Octavia diesel) regularly serviced by the Skoda dealer from whom I originally purchased it new. The dealer is pressurising me to have the timing belt replaced. My service schedule...
82
82

Any climbers here?
Face a go climbing this :-)
2
2

Victorinox
I was surprised to find in our Clas Ohlson store a penknife for £5 that appears to be an exact copy of a Victorinox Spartan, except in baby blue rather than Swiss Army red. I bought one to compare...
50
50

gas oven/grill problems - likelihood of (part-)condemnation?
Hi All we have a problem with the grill on our 20+ year old gas oven. It's the type that you can use as an oven or a grill, but not at the same time. The problem is that the flame(s) on the grill have...

Distributing TV, SKY and CCTV thoughout a house
A friend will be getting the keys to a 1968 built house in the next few weeks. ATM it's a 3 bed detatched but it will become a 4 bed detatched (and knowing him it will have a conservatory). It's...
22
22

Re: OT Beats football as a spectator sport!
In article , harry scribeth thus Bizarre .. Whatever causes them to do that?...
9
9

OT:Just thought of a toaster feature
SWMBO is talking about wanting a replacement toaster ... briefly perusing Amazon for reviews, it occurred to me that one feature that some might find useful on a 2 lever 4 slice machine, is the...
23
23

Electric curtains broken
Hi all glad i have found this site My disabled mother has motorised curtains in her bedroom, this morning they have broken. The power unit appears to have broken or died. The problem is i cant seem to...
7
7

Glass TV table etc legs.
Many of these self assembly glass TV tables etc have a modular leg assembly. In different diameters, lengths and finishes. Does anyone supply these separately? Ebay seems to have failed me this time.
3
3

Ping Colin Stamp - 63mm ducting for underground cables.
Colin (and others) - you posted that you were running 63mm ducting for cables as part of your shed electrics. Could you let me know details, and supplier, please. Thanks Dave R
7
7

Help get rid of mice
Please help me get rid of our latest batch of unwelcome visitors. Our mice seem to have a liking for 'Hovis Best of Both' bread. I left it out a couple of times and found they'd chewed through the...
20
20