Central heating pumps?

My regular OFTEC registered central heating engineer recently fitted a new pump for me last week. This is not DIY I hear you say. Well that may be true but some of us don't have the physical capability to doing it for themselves. The existing pump was a Grundfos 15-50. The replacement is a Primaflow CP6 25-60. Checking on Amazon and various other sites shows that the Primaflow costs less than half the Grundfos. The engineer told me it was not a cheap pump. Physically the exterior looks almost identical apart from the name. Is the Primaflow a cheap legitimate, or illegitimate, copy, or is there some sort of re-badging going on. Of course I may just have been ripped off! Constructive comments please.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

In message , Peter Crosland writes

The Primaflow that he's prolly had knocking around in the back of his van for the past couple of years has a higher spec.

Reply to
geoff

Grundfos is about the most expensive pump you can buy. They are good ones though. All CH pumps look pretty much alike. The numbers BTW refer to the max pressure and volume the pump can shift.

Reply to
harry