Central Heating Pumps Query/Fault ! ?

We have had C Heating for about 5 yrs now in our house, with a MEGAFLO tank and a GRUNDFOS pump, when the heating etc shuts down for the night, the water pump continues to run, we have only just noticed this! is this correct or do I have a fult in the system.... and if so any idea what the fault maybe?? Thnaks

Reply to
steve

On 30/01/2004 steve opined:-

Your pump should only run when there is a call for heating or a call for hot water. Some systems I understand also run the pump for a short while after the above needs are met.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

That depends on how the system is designed to work. We need to know the type of control system fitted. Do you have zone valves? If so, how many and what type? Do you have TRVs on all radiators? Do you have a room thermostat?. What is the cylinder thermostat set to? Does it click when you move it up and down?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Does it run on indefinitely, or just for a few minutes (which would be normal)

Reply to
BillR

Thanks for the reply, don't know to much info, but... Honeywell Timer, Megaflow Tank, looks like a Honeywell Motorised Valve next to hot water tank & near pump, and a Grundfos water pump. there are no Rad Thermo's and one thermostat in the hall.

Reply to
steve

One other thing, when to silence the pump overnight, I have to remove the wires from the Motorised Valve to the mass of wires on the choclate block fitting, one of these from the same terminal goes to pump, when the brown lead from the Motorised valve direction is removed.... pump stops! would I be right in assuming faulty pump, or faulty wiring when installed?? Thnaks

Reply to
steve