Subject Author Posted Replies

Al-ko spare wheel holder
Having dutifully renewed all three caravan tyres on grounds of age (It was a shame to see so much unused rubber, but it just isn't worth the risk) I had to get the spare wheel holder back in place. I...
18
18

Paint
For "industrial" things and some of the topsides of the boat, I went to a local supplier of Jotun paints. The two part epoxy undercoat was excellent, but the top coat, which we wanted to be close to...
12
12

Spectacle lens cleaning fluid - cheaper version?
I'm fed up with paying £45.80 a litre (well £5.49 for a 120ml bottle) for Boots "Spectacle lens cleaner" but can't find similar cheaper anywhere. What's in this and is there a cheaper version? I...
56
56

Lassovic pvc tape
Is it still made ? Anyone recommend a replacement ?
1
1

Lifting floorboards - replace with chipboard? - also insulation
[First, a GNAH! for Pan - there isn't an 'undo' function in the edit menu. I just wiped out my text, presumably by hitting CNTRL+A instead of SHIFT+A and then typing on.] Anyway, starting again using...
14
14

Who needs solar panels?;)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/campaigns/kube/kubex15.asp
12
12

Measuring tape repair
I borrowed a 100ft measuring tape off a mate but I'm now embarrassed 'cos w hen it was fully extended I accidentally pulled the end out of the case! I now want to get it back and wind it up but I...
9
9

OTish switching energy supplier - timing....
My fixed deal ends in 6 weeks. It has an early exit fee. How do I arrange for my chosen new supplier to take over as close to the end date of the old deal without invoking the old deal's exit fee? Jim...
7
7

IP55 Outdoor box for lights, timers etc.
Looking at outdoor boxes which will hold the end of an extension lead (say 4 sockets) which is water proof(ish) to IP55 and has enough space to fit a timer switch onto the extension and a plug into...
1
1

Dent in parquet floor
A heavy (and sharp) object fell on our parquet floor, leaving a fairly large dent. What is the best way to fill this and generally make it invisible? Any and all suggestions gratefully received.
9
9

We have to get three quotes even though we have someone prepared to do the work for free:-)
The Scout Hut has had it's stolen lead flashing replaced and it's now time to replace the water damaged emergency light. I'll fit the light for the cost of the light (it's their choice if they want a...
51
51

silent alarm (radio)
I'd like to rig a silent alarm to protect a shed & garage (burglar-wise) which is some way from the house. I have a movement detector - works fine. When I enter shed it closes relay contacts. What I...
7
7

OT: Mortgages and hidden charges
So is this a house or a bungalow:-)? Sorry Tim - but you know what I am like. Are you are under any obligation to continue with the the proposed mortgage? may be the best place to ask. And good luck...
37
37

Yes, this was for real
More info here:
2
2

Qu About Ceiling 'Downlighter' - Ring Lighting Art No 5088
This downlighter is the only possible access above a ceiling. Can anyone tell me whether I can get it out of the ceiling: Without breaking it? Being able to put it back? If so, how exactly? I presume...
10
10