what's going on with the biomass powerstations??

Suddenly 630Mw on stream at BM reports.

I thought that the London station was closed for good.. is it up and running?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Drax?

boltmail

cant be - drax appears as 'coal'

In fact a guy from Drax emaled me to askk why it wasnt shown as Biomass on Gridwatch. I replied that if he was prepared to give me 5 mminute averages from drax on biomass output, I would gladly add it to 'biomass' and subtract it from 'coal' and pointed out that Drax was specifically mentioned on the tooltips as burning a lot of biomass. But he never replied ...;-)

Perhaps Drax is not actually burning as much biomass as it claims subsidies on. Who knows?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think it has to be Tilbury.

It was supposed to have been mothballed back in July, because the cost of fitting de-sulphurisation to the woodburners was too great. RWEs site says it will be out from the 14th of November 2013 forever.

My guess is there's a few thousand tonnes of woodchip, and burning them for 2 days is a reasonable way to get rid of them.

And make a bit of cash in the process.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Has a biomass generator been opened in South Cheshire? The reason I ask is that up to a couple of weeks ago we had to put up with a constant stream of heavy vehicles speeding along our road, looked as though they were off towards Swinerton, or Swine-tun as ----------the Nazi propagandists called it!

Reply to
Broadback