Central heating in France

OK so not UK but pretty close! Been looking at Leroy Merlin and other Bricolage, don't seem to be able to find the plastic flexible type pipe for heating etc (Hep2o or similar), is it used/allowed in France? Will be needing to install CH in a property in A ude early next year and thinking this is better than using copper from a fr eezing point of view when left unoccupied for a while etc.. Was thinking about the sizes as we would buy boiler and rads in France, hop ing or assuming there is a French equivalent??
On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:23:10 AM UTC, pf17472 wrote:

Uponor and Rehau are the major manufacturers of PEX used in the UK. SFAIK both are widely used on the continent. The tubes are in unusual sizes (for the UK) and joints are made with an expander tool. I'd look into getting one of those, or a similar system, with a French supplier for tubes and fittings. The expander tools are expensive, but can be resold, or bought second-hand. I don't think push-fit is much used. DIY plumbing is officially discouraged.
On 12/11/2013 11:17, Onetap wrote:

Leroy Merlin stock Tectite pushfit in French sizes according to the current catalogue.
SteveW
On 12/11/2013 08:23, pf17472 wrote:

eBay?
http://stores.ebay.fr/Modular-Plumbing/Wavin-Hep2O-/_i.html?_fsubP62025015
I am wondering if they are allowed to not allow Hep2O? IYSWIM. Under free movement of goods rules. Have we not read that you can wire a house in France to UK standards including ring mains and 13A sockets?
--
Rod

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:35:16 PM UTC, polygonum wrote:

It may just be the market preference. HEP2O is PIB, ISTR, which has been somewhat overtaken by the PEX systems. Leroy Merlin sell "PER" tube, which might be the French term for PEX. I can't be arsed to look it up.
PIB was withdrawn from the US market due to bad publicity over defective joints in some system (that's not sold in the UK).