Subject Author Posted Replies

Chipboard Worktop Joint Sealant.
Had a struggle to assemble a laminated chipboard worktop and overlooked sealing the joint. (Doing trial fits and then tightened it up and carried on with rest of fit). Is there any type of...
5
5

Confused about lightbulbs
I have two chandeliers with 5 x 40 w and 3 x 60 w golf-ball tungsten bulbs at the moment. They are both on dimmer switches. The only place I can get replacement bulbs is the corner shop that buys...
34
34

concrete gate post - "granite chip finish" wossit called??
fixing up a driveway gate set, one post has been snapped & need to replace. it's (was) abt 4ft maybe 5ft, round top, in a "rolled in chunky grey (granite?) chippings" finish... ;>) Most posts I'm...

Interesting extractor fan
I am looking at a bathroom extractor from a block of flats (30 years old). It's an Aidelle Loovent twin fan model (feeding into a negative pressure building-wide extract duct system). I'd had a quick...
3
3

Relative heatings costs
I have been playing about with the degree days figures for the south east (I can stick the spreadsheet up somewhere if anyone wants) Got the raw data from: So based on those, it looks like (for the...
10
10

LED sizes
Looks like we won't be getting LED lamps with a decent light output - say 2000 or 3000 lumens or so - until the manufacturers learn how to make LED chips in larger sizes. Are there problems in doing...
7
7

TOT; Proud Dad!!
The beautiful & talented girl in this film is my eldest daughter! I'm a very proud Daddy! A Transport for London (TfL) advert promoting motorcycle safety. For more information visit our website:...
29
29

how to fit vacuum gauge BSPP thread?
I'm looking at buying a vacuum gauge, but they nearly all have BSPP (male) threads - can anyone tell me how these are supposed to be sealed when fitted to the BSPP female? I've come across mention of...
10
10

Car scratch-remover pens
Are these any good? Can anyone recommend a good variety? Does one have to match the car colour?
2
2

Stretcher? Bearer? What?
What's the official name of those 3" x 3" x 4ft or so lengths of timber (sometimes, or perhaps always, with a square rebate down the centre of one long side) which are, I think, used to separate...
4
4

oil drain plug suzuki
Any idea where the oil drain plug is for the Suzuki FL125 address. It is not obvious. or i am just not seeing it. Tar Gary
8
8

Performance power compound mitre say (B&Q) Blade?
Anyone got one of these and have instruction for changing the blade. It took me over an hour to change mine with all the fiddling so I am sure there must be an easier way. I tried googlong but to no...
6
6

Lighting a hall: theatre spots of halogen floods?
I'm trying to acquire lighting for a school hall. The space is vaguely circular (actually an irregular pentagon!) c. 14m diameter. It is used for school plays and concerts where approximately half the...
6
6

Lidl battery charger question
I have an Ultimate Speed branded charger from Lidl. When I attached it to a battery (yesterday) and set the mode the charging light was green. Some hours later it was red, and overnight it's still...
4
4

Nice concrete delivery
9