Golden rules of DIY and property design: Help needed

Hi,

My name is Tudor and I am writing at blog about the golden rules of DIY and property design. Would members be open to providing me with their Golden Rule, the one piece of advice they stick to or would recommend others to follow, or perhaps just a sound principle they have learnt and now swear by.

Basically I want to compile these into one blog post, giving the best advice. If you would help me it would be much appreciated. All I need is your quote (50-150 words), your name and your location.

I will also give credit to the forum for helping me to write the piece, as well as all contributors.

Thanks,

Tudor

Reply to
tudordavies

From

:

"No matter what kind of work you're in, do it fast, do it perfectly and do it on time. - For me that's sharing great content about all manor of topics ."

From

:

"This involves quality assurance work to determine that the work carried ou t by my team meets the required standard...On a monthly basis this role inv olves the delivery of individual strategies to over 40 different clients, m onitoring the success of each campaign, it's impact to the performance of e ach website..."

Oh, the irony.

Reply to
mike

"Measure twice (or even thrice) and cut once."

Reply to
charles

You mean like Measure twice cut once. Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

An the bullwash!

Reply to
Peter Crosland

All manor of topics? Monitoring it's impact? Sheesh!

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

And cut along the right axis.

I measured twice, and then proceeded to cut 4cm off of the short edge. Should have been off the long edge.

Reply to
jfflkjflkjflkdfj

Yes OK. Here's mine. You'll already know it. The rule of Ps: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Measure in millimetres or metres. Never allow an assistent to talk to you in centimetres.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

I cut off the left hand end of the plank rather than the right...

Reply to
mark.bluemel

"Always use an angle grinder"

Reply to
Martin Brown

In message , Martin Brown writes

If it moves but shouldn't, gaffer tape

If it doesn't move but should, WD40

Simples

Reply to
News

Isn't it measure once cut twice? How are you supposed to remember things like this?

-- Richard

In fourteen hundred and ninety-three, Columbus sailed the deep blue sea.

Reply to
Richard Tobin