Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: telewest broadband compatible with virgin media?
I'm in a new house, to me anyway, there are a couple of telewest broadband terminal boxes. Does anyone know if these could be compatible with virgin media, as i like the idea of re-using what's there?...
4
4

Win 7 Pro vs XP Pro
What do you gain by upgrading from XP Pro to Win 7 Pro ? And what do you lose ? Jim Hawkins
125
125

Changing handed-ness of ceramic disc taps
OK, bath with a wall spout and separate wall mounted ceramic disc taps. As is normal the hot and cold turn in different directions for off and one. One normal mixer taps this seems ok, but in this...
23
23

Pan connector collar - help!!
This is for a 1970-built house. I bought a toilet pan connector, but it comes nowhere near fitting the current arrangement. Here are some pictures: (There are actually two toilets pictured, one that's...
11
11

Sanding small concave surfaces
Say you have just routed a slot with a cove or box bit to create a finger hold in something, but you have some burning at the end of the "stopped" cut. Anyone found a good way of sanding into those...
9
9

Who runs my services?
Just about to move to a new home. I can't see who supplies the leccy but it looks like my present meter key will fit the present meter there. Am I alright to top up until the company supply a new key...
8
8

Fitting a toslink plug.
I need a couple of custom length toslink optical leads, and notice the instructions for fitting the plug say the cable must be cut with a cleaver. Is this a special tool at a vast price - or is there...
2
2

Why I like delivery by DPD
Parcel Status Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD driver, between 13:06 and 14:06 13:16 GMT Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery number 99. Suman is...
10
10

Oil boiler spares
Anybody know where I could get a pump for a Myson Velaire 50/70? A price alone would be helpful. Andy
2
2

RCD trips when load is switched off - any ideas ?
My mates's house is an old one with the inevitable modified electrics ! The garage (free standing) and a room under the stairs share a modern CU wi th 2 16A MCB's and a normal 30mA RCD. The room under...
13
13

Windows 7 Professional source
Anyone know a decently priced source of genuine Windows 7 Professional ? Looks like I've been stung, I bought two sealed copies on ebay best part of two years ago - each can be loaded legitimately...
16
16

Any electronic gizmo to check if power outage occurred while away?
I asked the next-door neighbour on return, but it would be really cool to have a gizmo to plug into the mains, then light an LED if the power goes out, e.g. in a storm. A more sophisticated version...
51
51

OT: How to get rid of CDs?
Another OT question I'm afraid: My son (now abroad) has said I should "get rid" of all the CDs he dumped on us when he left University. There must be 2 or 3 hundred. He seems to think I could sell...
16
16

OT New local oindustry.
Evrybody round here seems to be burning wood. Many have the gas cenral heating turned off. Even smelt coal the other day. Haven't smelt it for years. I used to pick up a bit of firewood every time I...
3
3

OT: Anyone using Opera 12 browser?
I'm using Opera 12 (later versions are based on Chrome) and it has been marvellous for keeping a bunch of tabs in place (21 at the moment) without using lots of memory. For the last couple of days,...
23
23