Creosote

What is the actual position on buying creosote? I have been told and have read that it is illegal to buy it but I've just ordered some online.

Reply to
Lawrence

In summary:

Since 30 April 2003 retailers can no longer sell creosote and coal tar creosote wood preservatives to the general public in Great Britain.

Since 30 June 2003 general public can no longer use creosote and coal tar creosote wood preservatives in Great Britain.

AIUI it's still available for professional purchase and use. Amateurs are prohibited from buying it or using it. The creosote police will be calling shortly; it's The Tower for you, my lad!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Only available to professionals.

Actual creosote, or a substitute such a creocote?

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , Chris Hogg writes

But......

"Creosote FAQs

What Information were stakeholders given to act on at the time?

Members of the public can continue to use creosote products that they have already bought until 30th June 2003, and should dispose of any empty containers in the domestic rubbish. If they wish to dispose of unused products, they should contact their local council or waste regulatory authority."

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Really ?

can you point me to a shop or online that is selling creosote in 4 or 5 ltr containers

-
Reply to
Mark

websites that

My 20 litre drum arrived today.

Reply to
Lawrence

because as far as i know you cant buy creosote in 4 or 5Ltr containers which you were sort of implying were available (shops), and is all i will probably need for the next 20 years.

-
Reply to
Mark