Subject Author Posted Replies

Fitting a toslink plug.
I need a couple of custom length toslink optical leads, and notice the instructions for fitting the plug say the cable must be cut with a cleaver. Is this a special tool at a vast price - or is there...
2
2

Why I like delivery by DPD
Parcel Status Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD driver, between 13:06 and 14:06 13:16 GMT Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery number 99. Suman is...
10
10

Oil boiler spares
Anybody know where I could get a pump for a Myson Velaire 50/70? A price alone would be helpful. Andy
2
2

RCD trips when load is switched off - any ideas ?
My mates's house is an old one with the inevitable modified electrics ! The garage (free standing) and a room under the stairs share a modern CU wi th 2 16A MCB's and a normal 30mA RCD. The room under...
13
13

Windows 7 Professional source
Anyone know a decently priced source of genuine Windows 7 Professional ? Looks like I've been stung, I bought two sealed copies on ebay best part of two years ago - each can be loaded legitimately...
16
16

Any electronic gizmo to check if power outage occurred while away?
I asked the next-door neighbour on return, but it would be really cool to have a gizmo to plug into the mains, then light an LED if the power goes out, e.g. in a storm. A more sophisticated version...
51
51

OT: How to get rid of CDs?
Another OT question I'm afraid: My son (now abroad) has said I should "get rid" of all the CDs he dumped on us when he left University. There must be 2 or 3 hundred. He seems to think I could sell...
16
16

OT New local oindustry.
Evrybody round here seems to be burning wood. Many have the gas cenral heating turned off. Even smelt coal the other day. Haven't smelt it for years. I used to pick up a bit of firewood every time I...
3
3

OT: Anyone using Opera 12 browser?
I'm using Opera 12 (later versions are based on Chrome) and it has been marvellous for keeping a bunch of tabs in place (21 at the moment) without using lots of memory. For the last couple of days,...
23
23

Aircon belt broke on car...
Hi, I was driving yesterday in my 1995 Mitsubishi Delica 2.8 turbo deisel, when one of my engine drive belts started squealling. I feared that my water pump had seized. I couldn't stop on that...
3
3

Replacing gland seal on Drayton TRV4
I've got a couple of TRV4 valves which are leaking a bit around the pin. Google has revealed a YouTube video which, towards the end, suggests that a gland seal replacement kit is available, enabling...
6
6

OT Global warming
Find all the latest news on the environment and climate change from the Telegraph. Including daily emissions and pollution data.
47
47

Kitchens..... Schreiber and Homebase....
Hi All, The next big project is to replace our kitchen. I'm doing the floor tiling, the wall tiling, electrics, and plumbing myself. We have been to Homebase and looked at Shreiber Kitchens We were...
52
52

I can speaking chinese
7
7

Pub to expand into hidden caves
Don't know what you will think, but I found this fascinating: A pub based in a former Victorian music hall is given more than £1m to expand into underground floors and caves.
5
5