SEALEY Tyre Inflator with Twin Push-On Connector Sealey SA9312

I have one of these.

When i connect it to a compressor the air comes out of the top nozzle not the one on the tyre.

I'm doing something wrong

Help

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
christopher

I think these things have a ballbearing inside that is meant to be pushed towards the path of least resistance initially by the air flow (which should be the nozzle that's NOT connected to a valve) thereby blocking to open nozzle. Sometimes the ball sticks to the internal valve seat and a bit of "percussive" persuasion can loosen it and get it working properly.

It short, hit it!

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

As a long standing refugee from the bearing industry can I request that posters refer to steel balls as *steel balls* and not bearings?

Pedant mode off:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

You mean bearing balls not ball bearings?

Reply to
dennis

In message , "Dennis@home" writes

OK if you must but there is no proof that this particular ball had an alternative life opportunity:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It might not even be a ball, could be a kind of hinged plunger like wotsit...! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff