Subject Author Posted Replies

(Totally OT question): The effects of extreme cold....hypothermia etc
Uncle Peter made this incredible statement: "This is a fact. -20C air does not make you cold, . You might shiver if you were naked, but the shivering will stop you getting any colder". To me, it...
54
54

Is the Age of the Bath Over?
Hi all, I seem to be getting intelligence lately from all quarters suggesting that showers have taken over from baths now and that virtually no one is putting baths into bathrooms any more. Your...
56
56

Fat32 partition size limit (OT in uk.d-i-y)
Just (today) bought a Verbatim 1TB USB-3[1] external drive for general backup purposes, plus transferring data between computers - all Windoze, but a mixture of XP, W7-32bit and W7-64bit. It came...
44
44

70's stairs
Any thoughts how I how can get these stairs to fit in more with current decor ? I'm thinking sand down and light stain (Picture of said stairs) image | drlargepantz | Flickr
8
8

Re: Easy Decorating For Halloween
Pretty sure it's not. Not this one! Tim
4
4

Wooden window suppliers
Anybody got any suggestions? Any companies to avoid or good experiences? Ta.
8
8

cannon coalridge bf gas fire
Hello I'm new to the forum so please be kind. I've got one of the above gas fires which has been great, over time it was taking longer and longer to start so the pilot light would come on but when you...
5
5

On-Topic: Where is TNP?
Haven't seen him here for a couple of weeks: I'm uneasy. John
10
10

CH leak?
My combi heating system, 5 years old, loses a bit less than 1 bar over a period of three weeks or so. A leak? probably, but so slight there is no evidence to enable the plumber to trace it. One...
4
4

Lights Out?
Looking at Gridwatch we didn't half lean on the gas to meet the peak demand this evening. Off the scale for the graph at about 22GW, coal looks to have been flat out since midday at maybe 14 GW. Hydro...
72
72

and now for some DIY ......
Building a model railway baseboard for no.1 son. Board will be 8x4 or slightly larger 50mm celotex suspended from ceiling by some sort of winch system to lower and raise out of way. Looked at bike...
20
20

flat network cables.
JFI cpc have some quite nice flat network cables in their bargain bin. 15m for £1.29. They aren't snagless so don't look if that's important to you....

Deterring squirrels.
4
4

Multi -tool
Have been using the Stanley version but leaving it in the bike pannier has resulted in it being a bit rusty nothing devastating but enough for me to get my finger out and get a new one. Are the...
13
13

CH Controllers
OK - just had a visit from a plumber who seems like a decent chap (personal recommendation and he works mostly with copper). Looking at a Worcester Bosch combi. But controller? He's of the opinion...
3
3