Wide beveled frame

Am I smoking dope in thinking there must be a way to create a wide beveled, but arched frame like the inside section of this one:

The picture I want to frame is small enough for this bit of the frame to be a single sheet of MDF, but I am struggling for ideas on how to create it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Connell

Router with bearing guided chamfer cutter with the bearing running on a template. take it steady and keep the speed down to reduce risk of burning. Ideally rough out the bulk of the waste with something like a jig saw.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Router chamfers are not overly wide. I should have been clearer about the dimensions: for the size of picture I have, I was thinking of a chamfer of around 3 to 4 inches. For reference, that image is 23 inches across.

Obviously for a straight edge, I could just use a hand plane and I guess it's plausible I could try a spokeshave for the arched bit.It'd be nice to have something a little more precise though!

Reply to
Jon Connell

A raised panel router bit?

pricey though ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

OK I misunderstood your comment about using a single sheet of 18mm mdf to be suggestion the chamfer depth would be 18mm max

Reply to
Bob Minchin