High freq. fluorescent light upgrade

I have one of those flatbed light units that works ok except it buzzes due to the ballast chokes. The buzzing gets (much) worse with time. So I though to rebuild the thing using HF ballast. Would appreciate knowing:-

1) Can "ordinary" fluorescent tubes be used - driven from the hf ballast unit? Or, do they have to be tri-phospher ones, (or some kind of special hf tubes)?

2) Is the hf ballast power rating (56W in this case) a maximum figure? The lamp I have is 36 Watts

Reply to
dave

ordinary's fine.

then you need a 36w ballast

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Probably cheaper to just buy a new electronic fitting. Or go LED.

Reply to
harry