Subject Author Posted Replies

Dyson on You and Yours today.
Dyson and son were on You and Yours today. Son has 'invented' a very long life high power LED. Not like father like son, then?
21
21

Plumbers - please decipher....
Hi, My 90 year old mother-in-law had water coming through the ceiling a couple of weeks ago - at 11:30pm! We live 150 miles away and had to organise a plu mber using Google :-( Cost us a fortune! The...
51
51

Combination microwave question
I have a Sharp's R-959 combination microwave. When I set the convection only mode at say 190C, to use as a conventional oven, When it pings to say it has reached its temperature, an oven thermometer...
9
9

Ultrasonic cleaner
Father Christmas brought me one of these. Good fun so far. All the metal watchstraps in the family have been through it, with loads of muck removed from each one. Keys - they come out looking like...
28
28

Adobi Speed Launcher
After upgrading Flash player a week or so ago when prompted to do so, I now get a message from Spybot at start up saying Adobi Speed Launcher is attempting to change the registry. I've no idea what...
13
13

2 post car lift fitting
Most 2 post car lifts come with no or minimal load spreader plates. How does this work in practice without pulling bolts out of, or fracturing, the concrete raft they're bolted into?
11
11

Stud/pipe detection- can anyone recommend.........
......something that can make random bleeping noises, accompanied by a real ly uninformative visual display, as you waft it around on a surface you nee d to drill into? My Stanley S200 stud and cable...
3
3

Government loft insulation oversight
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertyadvice/jeffhowell/7018461/Jeff-Howells-DIY-advice-wet-roof-spaces.html
20
20

Screws
I've drawn a blank in getting some short, fat, round/cross-head screws to replace some corroded ones from some church doors. The originals make a difference to the appearance, so I'd like to get...
11
11

Riello oil pump
More pump woes: Yesterday evening my oil fired boiler decided to stop. (It must have known it was cold outside.) There was clearly power going to the boiler but the motor would not start. So I removed...
2
2

What does the team think ?
wonder how long t would last ? In this video I show how to repair a 12 volt car battery for under 5 dollars using pickling water "food grade Alum", "Aluminum Sulfate". A shortened version of this...
4
4

TOT: Message of Good Cheer (2023 Update)
Having watched The Glenn Miller Story and Dambusters today, I am reminded, not for the first time, of the heroism, self-sacrifice, and ingenuity of the people who defended Britain against the Nazi...
80
80

"No see" parking.
My problem is a busy road leading to traffic lights just isn't capable of s upporting rush hour traffic; and I live on it. Across said road is a car pa rk, (try parking on said road at rush-hour. I...
41
41

Energy saving heaters - recommendations?
It's getting chilly and time for an energy efficient heater to put in the hallway to take the edge off the cold. I have heaters in each room but not in the hallway. What's my best bet for economy?...
71
71

My neighbour needs a quiet pump.
Why is it that at this time of year, when its hard to get folk to look at central heating my neighbours pump starts soundling alike a very noisy motor bolted to a sounding board. I suspect its...
9
9