Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Acorn Users
My partner has about ten to twenty RISCOS format 3.5" floppies with some files she wishes to recover. The files are probably in Artworks format. Is there anyone in travelling distance of M40, South...
7
7

Replacememt for Sangamo 410 CH programmer
Hello, I have an old-style Y-plan system; HW and CH can run independently from each other. I would like to replace my Sangamo 410 CH programmer with a 7-day one, like this: Is this a straighforward...
6
6

OT; The Mind Boggles.....
Got a call from a landlord, storage heater come away from wall in a fairly new flat. Got there, plasterboard wall, storage heater probably around 70kg held by three of those self drill plasterboard...
21
21

Cleaning VHS Recorder Heads
Hi all I am looking to capture some old video to digital using an old VHS recorder and was wondering about using Comma Contact Clean to clean the heads in preparation. The perceived wisdom seems to...
27
27

LED spotlight bar
Hi I need to replace a wall mounted spotlight bar in my kitchen - it is plugged into a wall socket and consists of an aluminium frame with 3 spotlights that use 60W E27 reflector bulbs. I'm trying to...
4
4

Big wooden wall plugs - advice?
Following on from the previous wall plug threads, I am now contemplating the strategy of glueing wooden plugs made from broom handle into the wall. I have the drills, I can buy the broom handles. I do...
16
16

Smart meters
Just had an email from my supplier (OVO) saying that a meter needs replacing and giving me an option to have a smart meter. Are there any down-sides?
258
258

Lidl DIY
Cordless drill, bench grinder shelving, digital callipers and more on Monday, 9 March.
1
1

OT Question about BT with FON security
I have recently changed my ISP to BT, and I use a BT-supplied router and ADSL connection. I have two computers; one is a desktop PC, with a wired connection to the router, the other is a laptop with a...
19
19

A different form of renewable energy
Somebody is taking the piss: A toilet that could revolutionise sanitation facilities in refugee camps has been developed by a group of researchers at the University of the West of England.
4
4

Hot-fill-only domestic appliances?
I was discussing plumbing with a colleague yesterday & recalled that when we moved into our house, the appliance slots under the kitchen worktop had 1 cold water connection & 2 hot ones. (I had to...
53
53

Cambridge solar farm construction filmed by drone
2 recent topics in one video
41
41

Fastest drying impact adhesive ?
Picture was hung above a radiator and the wood veneer on the frame has come adrift. Its a moulded frame and I don't feel like trying to make up a shaped former to allow me clamp it while glue is wet....
7
7

Ultra bright LED 1000 lumen plus ???
I am looking to replace a microscope bulb in a piece of equipment with something somewhat brighter than the "13347W" 6 volt 15 watt BA15 based T6 shaped incandescent that is in at the moment that...
9
9

OT email read notification program question
Are these programmes triggered if you simply delete the email without opening it?
6
6