OT: recommendation for ebook reader (.epub) on Windows?

Been given a draft ebook to review. Got ebook on my Android device fine. Would like to get it onto Windows as well (for various reasons). What does the group recommend for a viewer for a .epub book on Windows? I've had a quick Google and come up with Icecream eboook reader

which is ok, but wondering what other favourites there might be amongst this group. TIA Allan

Reply to
Allan

I use FBreader on Linux, I think its available on winders

The Natural Philosopher

Whatever you do, try Calibre first.

It works on Windows, Linux and, for all I know, everything else as well. Just about the best piece of free software available.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

dennis

Seconded

Reply to
Robin

Allan scribbled

There's a Firefox addon - never tried it myself

Jonno

+1. It's a great library tool *and* can act as a book server. So you can access your library on any browser. It converts formats, and knows about @kindle.com, so you can send books from it to your Kindle.

It's free, but well worth the £15 I donated - how software should be.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Use it to manage my ebook library , move books to my Nook and convert Amazon/Kindle format to epub.

Reply to
Robert

+1
Reply to
Bob Eager

+1 used it for years to manage my book library (over 8000 books) and it's reader when using PC.
Reply to
Davidm

Thanks for all the recommendations: v. helpful. It looks like several contributors to this group like calibre. Just downloaded it and loved it. Thanks for the pointers!

Reply to
Allan

I love calibre for organising the library but FBreader is what I read books with...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher