Subject Author Posted Replies

LED "Daylight" bulbs
We are LED converted at home and very pleased with them but the place my wife works have just replaced all their bulbs with Daylight LEDs Immediately everyone working there has got terrible headaches...
26
26

GATE POST ????? !!!!!
6" square oak gatepost, put in 60 years ago when house was built. Rotted off at ground level. How do I get the stump out of the ground but without exhausting my repertoire of swear words and...
15
15

How to repair hairline crack in hardwood exterior door?
My brother has recently let a house to some rather pernickety folk. The front door, 6 panel hardwood, has hairline cracks through two of the panels. The cracks are dead straight and obviously where...
15
15

OT Joke
Last night I was having sex with my 68 year old husband when suddenly I heard a loud pop sound inside his body. Immediately he stopped humping on me, and became very still on top of my body. I found...
26
26

OT: Mnemonic for mass of the earth
You wake up one morning to find the lawns of your country estate covered in molehills. So you send out your gardener to catch the moles, and in the evening he returns with a sack full of them - 10...
8
8

Aldi and Lidl sliding compound mitre saws
FYI Aldi and Lidl show SCMSs for ?80. Aldi's is on Thu 7 May and, perspicaciously (!), Lidl have theirs coming up three days before, on Mon 4 May. They both use 210mm blades. Aldi's takes more power...
9
9

The pic project/ caravan water barrel measureing.
The item which I ordered from Argos a couple of days ago, arrived this morning. Its an axial flow, spindle along the length of the water flow, quite well made and very sensitive to the slightest flow...
31
31

High suck vacuum cleaners.
My son has a Vax, which has broken under guarantee, the vacuum has been replaced, but he notices that the suck is pathetic, thanks EU. Are then any vacuum available with higher power? I was thinking...
8
8

Help recognising electrical plug?
Morning All, I have a small part of a toy/model that plugs into a socket I don't have. Pictures here, with five pence coin for scale : It seems likely that the manufacturer would have used a...
9
9

Functioning on the way professionally kali linux
Functioning on the way professionally kali linux Functioning on the way professionally kali linux Hello Ohbabi in God, we welcome you in a new episode and the subject of a new, saluting you will learn...

IP65 enclosure for mains and 12V?
Hi all I'd like to take mains power *and* auxiliary power (12V DC) from my garage to the outside. Are there any IP65 type enclosures that will let me do this? I'm not expecting anything with a built...
8
8

plastic oil tank disposal.
The local council requires me to cut my old plastic oil tank in half before they will collect it for disposal. So will a circular saw with a blade for wood cut it or should I use something else.
16
16

OTish fibre broadband,home networking etc
Today is the day our high speed broadband went live. I got 44Mbps earlier this morning, same for Wifey. Our son, though, struggles to get 3Mbps download - but 12Mbps upload, which seems odd. We use...
46
46

Angle grinder
These were never about when I was young, they sort of appeared out of nowhere. Did someone invent them with a task in mind or was it just an evolutionary process from fixed grinding wheels? Brian
13
13

Another 'completely serious angle grinder query'
This one relates to how fast angle grinders go. A friend has bought a device from Arbortech that is a sanding pad that is a n attachment to an angle grinder - it vibrates rather than revolves. He fi...
5
5