Subject Author Posted Replies

Where to get internal glazed fire doors under £300?
Looking for suppliers of good value internal fire doors, transparent glazing. I'm in West London. Nothing on ebay. Ideas? Help very welcome here.
8
8

Paint for garage door?
My garage door has been red for ages but all the neighbours' are white. It is starting to show its age, and needs repainting; perhaps now is the time to change the colour and blend in. What paint...
4
4

Replacing thermostatic cartridge in shower cabin - can't unscrew old one
Hello group, I have a shower cabin, Inisgnia GT8720. It has three control knobs, the bot tom one being the temperature control, which is basically a thermostatic ca rtridge... It screws into the main...
10
10

Re: Gloss
Obviously that rare type, a spammer with nothing to say. Brian
3
3

OT PAT
HI At work we have a Seaward PAT machine, the employee qualified to use it has left and boss wants me to get the testing back in-house. Our young cleric who looks after safety records and personnel...
33
33

B&Q Club
I rarely venture into B&Q these days; as we now have Toolstation and Screwfix counters within 2 miles of home as well as a Wickes, I'm afraid it rarely gets a look-in, although it's actually the...
1
1

OT Cats video.
I know there's people here loves cats. Fake or not? Can't imagine a cat doing this stuff. Didga the Cat is an amazing cat who isn't going to let the dogs steal the show with all the amazing tricks...
1
1

Network bodge question
Years ago, when I built my workshop at the bottom of the garden 20m from the house, I put an unscreened 25 way multicore cable (16/0.2mm) for future expansion. Now I would like to extend the computer...
58
58

(Mini) guttering (is it *really* this hard ?)`
Have just moved a shed from the paved patio, to a raised section of decking. Luckily (!) the last few days have given me ample data regarding rainwater, and it seems a good idea to gutter the shed,...
11
11

OT: Car Tyre recommendations
It seems a few years since this was done. Mazda 2, all down to the 20p coin test 2mm, 185/55 R15, 2~3k moderate motoring per year. One garage suggesting HiFly as a budget tyre, another Semperit....
39
39

Thistle multi-finish instead of Polyfilla for patching?
I'm preparing the walls in my lounge for painting. Some of the surface skim of plaster was loose in places, so I chipped it away. I've now got various small areas that need patching and making flush,...
8
8

Floor standing boiler
I am contemplating a major refurb/extension of a timber frame dwelling. Current heating, micro bore fed, wall hung radiators and relatively recent wall mounted gas fired system boiler. There is also a...
5
5

Cleaning wall tile grout
I've tried Aldi's spray but the grout is still beige rather than white in a toilet and kitchen I'm tidying up. Can anyone recommend an effective liquid or an effective method please? The least...
11
11

Hiding flat-pack cam holes
Management is complaining about the holes she can see on the underside of some flat-pack wall cupboards. They're the access to the cams on the base/side fixings. Is there an easy way to hide them?
9
9

OT:Seen in Brum
A45 Small Heath bypass. Unleaded 113.9/l Diesel 112.9/l :)
51
51