Subject Author Posted Replies

Is this OT?
http://i.imgur.com/juv3Ezt.jpg http://i.imgur.com/juv3Ezt.jpg
13

Dragon's Den
What did you think of the SyncSocket idea? Not a fan of wall mounted TVs but could see its appeal. Would be concerned about the depth of the hole needed - I guess it could be as deep as a wall block...
14
14

loft conversions and dormers
Hello, I've noticed that most houses on this street have loft conversions but the dormers are all on the rear of the property. Does planning permission not let you build dormers on the front because I...
8
8

extractor fan outlet / soil pipe distance?
Hello, There is no obvious outlet for the fan in the en suite. There is a flexible duct behind the fan but I cannot see where it goes. I will have to get a usb camera and feed it down. My worry is it...
6
6

sylvania downlights
Hello, I have two down lighters in the en suite and they are looking worse for wear (the chrome finish is wearing off and it looks bubbled on the one nearest the shower). I was thinking of changing...
3
3

Bluetooth Headphones
These appeal to me but the non-replaceable lithium battery throws me off. I had to replace a pair of Sony ones when the battery went dead after about 15 months. So what is the life expectancy of...
1
1

mixing white and magnolia emulsion together
In the past, I have mixed white and magnolia together to achieve a colour that I find preferable to pure magnolia. It was roughly half-way between white and magnolia on the tonal scale. Unfortunately,...
22
22

(Adam?) IET 17th Amendment 3 Jan 2016 - Non flammable CUs
outlines new requirements from Jan 2016 for either using CUs made on non combustible material or enclosing in a "non flammable" enclosure. Have the NICEIC (or anyone else) offered guidelines on what a...
50
50

Hidden wall plate? Or none?
I'm building a carport thing at the back and off to one side ofthe house. I t's self supporting, basically two long beams on legs with rafters between them, then it's getting a 16mm uPVC roof on top....
5
5

Bathroom fittings
I have a shower room, fitted a couple of years ago with one of these... ...and it works fine. I'm looking at putting in another shower (in another room) with the same, but SWMBO found this... ...which...
1
1

fence spraying
Hello, What is the best way to spray a fence. I once used an earlex sprayer, something like this: but as the reviews agree, it was noisy and heavy. I wonder whether something like this Cuprinol...
4
4

eureka moment
First for the year:-( New sandpit constructed for the grandchildren..... yes, I did try it out! Why doesn't play pit sand come out of moulds cleanly like damp sea sand? Management is insisting that it...
11
11

Ice
Are we still arguing about polar ice? According to Al Gore in 2009, we should these days be observing an entirely ice-free Arctic, a state that he predicted then would by now have already lasted a...
6
6

I got a Nikon Camera...........
I got a Nikon Coolpix L830 for my birthday. Started to read the 204 page instruction manual online. It has a function called 'pet portrait' where you point & frame the shot and as soon as it detects a...
102
102

Security Screws
We've just had some work done here that involves a lock mounted in a wooden beam (prolly 6 x 6 ins or so). However from the outside this is mounted in a metal plate that is screwed to the beam using...
31
31