SECUROGLIDE roller garage door replacement magnet?

I've managed to break off and lose the lower magnet on my roller door. When closing it now takes many short stages to close the door. Replacement magnets seem very hard to find, even on eBay - anyone got and ideas? Cheers Will

What size/shape is the magnet? And what/how is it controlling on the door? Is it something like an end stop detector?
If just controlling a magnetic switch then possibly any magnet will do assuming that you can fit it in the correct position.
If you need a magnet with a plastic case fittings try magnetic door catches http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/magnetic-door-catch
or burglar alarm window detector switches, one half being a magnet.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

Got any old radios? Butcher the speaker for its magnet.
Fridge magnets can be surprisingly useful as well. However if its to pull in a corner at the last minute it might actually be two magnets one on the door and one on the mechanism. Brian
--
----- -