Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records
A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because "it was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's roof was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment," he said.....
Full article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-36053722
On 15/04/16 14:11, TimW wrote:

"A Nana Mouskouri record is among the 200 unwanted vinyl records from the town's charity shops "
Indeed.
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 14:14:56 +0100, The Natural Philosopher

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.
G.Harman
On 15/04/16 15:29, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

:)
Englebert Humperdinck?
Bay city Rollers?

private property.

Surely Burt Bacharach?
– Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
--
Rod

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk writes

Up on the roof?
--
Graeme

On 16/04/16 07:30, News wrote:

Wasn't that Carly Simon?
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:39:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

No, she sang about the wind vane.
On 16/04/16 14:11, Bob Eager wrote:

No, she sang up on the roof.
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 14:43:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Whoosh.
On 16/04/16 14:57, Bob Eager wrote:

Fraid you got me there. Still way over my head sir.

Oh. Yawn. Terrible pun.
Well, just for harry, which musical was all about solar panels?
private property.
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 15:25:15 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Hair.
On Saturday, 16 April 2016 14:43:27 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I thought that was blancmange, oh no that was "living on the ceiling"
On Friday, 15 April 2016 14:11:06 UTC+1, TimW wrote:

I think I have more CD smostly CDRs and DVDs I could do that with and they'd reflect the suns light helping to reduce global warming, not sure how good they'd be in time regarding leaks.

On 15/04/2016 15:00, whisky-dave wrote:

I can't think why people use roofing felt, when they can just spend months nailing LPs on instead.
On 15/04/16 15:34, GB wrote:

Months? you dont have to play them first!
private property.
On 15/04/2016 14:11, TimW wrote:

If Sean Connery did the same thing would he have used shingles?

Wonder how they'll sand up to direct sunlight? They melt at a pretty low temperature.
--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites? *

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:16:14 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Maybe they'll fuse togther? Not sure what the UV will do to them though.
--
Cheers
Dave.