Subject Author Posted Replies

Acer Aspire 5536
Had this laptop since Win7 arrived and it's been good. Used it this morning - fine. This afternoon - not working. Power switch LED does get brighter, the fan starts running, and the LED on the mouse...
53
53

Confused by central heating system
Sounds like you made the right decision getting a plumber in rather than DIY. ;-)
1
1

Need a flexible hose for my pull out shower,
We have a bathtub with a pull out hose which leaks, I managed to find the replacement hose, which is this: This is used for pull out sinks and showers, and has the particularity that one of the...
8
8

Fence stain - options
Have a major re-staining project. I know that 'spray-able' treatments have become popular ........ be interested in the views of those that have used them. Fence is a 4x1 swan treated - staggered...
3
3

heatmiser, hive, and other remote controlled thermostats
Hello, I am thinking of buying a heatmiser thermostat. I like this one because it offers you the ability to create zones with extra thermostats, whereas hive is, I believe, one zone (plus HW) only. I...
19
19

Cleaning Fence prior to re-stain
Any chemists here ? Need to re-stain my fence panels ? these are 4x1 pails staggered either side of 4x2 horizontals, in 6? x 5? panels .. set into concrete H posts, atop of concrete gravel boards...
2
2

enlarging a hole in steel
Occasionally I have to elongate by about 6mm an 8mm diam hole in 2-3mm thic k mild steel. A round file would do it but none of my usual sites define th e diameter of their round files. A stepped drill...
9
9

Telescopic WOODEN (or wood effect) curtain pole for kitchen
I've made a pair of tab-top curtains from a flat bed sheet. The curtain pole at present fits WITHIN the recess to the patio doors. Up until now I have "made do" with a telescopic curtain rod from...
10
10

Emailed to me. (State of the nation)
Alvechurch Bugle 5 - 040 ( 19 - 10 - 15 ) Wheels coming off after 164 days. Dave has been in office now for 164 days (well, minus 46 days for the summe r recess ) that's 118 days he has had in which...
4
4

OT Bridge building machine in action
14
14

Finding wood in stud walls
OK I live in a flat that was built about 30 years ago and internal walls are just stud/plasterboard and i need to hang something that weighs a fair bit (guess it's about 5-10KG), when i moved in about...
8
8

Joists for a storage space
Hi, We have an old stable, brickbuilt, with a pitched slate roof, basically used as a big shed. Plenty of height, so I'd like to put some joists across part of it to form a storage area - probably...
4
4

Thread info
I came across this page while looking for something else. It might be a useful reference. It seems to have a fairly comprehensive summary of metric, UK, and US thread sizes, including diameter, pitch,...
1
1

Solar energy doesn't need subisires?
Hahahaha Southern Solar is industry’s third high-profile casualty this month and founder Howard Johns is expected to blame government policy Southern Solar is industry’s third high-profile...
20
20

Light bulbs
I know little about these LED things and lumens or whatever they are called. We went out today looking for some 60Watt bayonet cap fitting light bulbs and could not find any. The stuff on the shelves...
39
39