Garden shredder only goes in reverse. (Makes buzzing sound and grinder doesn't rotate in normal shredding mode)

My garden shredder is a Performance Power Tools PWR2100QSA machine (2100W). I used it today for the first time in three years. It worked fine for about 30 minutes, but then after running it in reverse, to unclog it, I found th at when I switched the rotation direction back to normal shredding mode, it just makes a buzzing nose when I press the start button, as if it is total ly jammed - even though I have cleared out all traces of vegetable matter f rom the grinding gear. I can't find a manual for this machine online, but h ere is a pic of one:
http://www.ebay.pl/itm/121632868708
Can anyone suggest a remedy?
TIA
JD
On 18/07/16 10:19, snipped-for-privacy@aanotes.com wrote:

faulty switch or capacitor, If it has a capacitor instead of brushes.
If iot can be rotated by hand and is not jammed
On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 11:37:03 AM UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Thanks. It turned out to be just a normal jam, albeit a stubborn one. After several changes in rotation direction, it cleared up. JD
Hmm, well, maybe did you actually see what jammed it? Leaky capacitors can reform dry out or just be not very good any more and if it starts to do it again, unplug check its free then suspect the capacitor. I had a pump that was like this some years ago that turned out to have a switchable capacitor phase shifter to make it go either way, and the value when measured was but a of a fraction of what it was supposed to be. Brian
--
----- -
Yes capacitors are often responsible for this fault if its not a brushed motor system. You need something to kick it into the right direction. Brian