Lynx garden shredder - spare blades?

I have a Lynx GS2200 garden shredder I bought 3 or 4 years ago at Homebase. It's still going strong (the shredder, not Homebase - can that shop go any further downhill?) - but one of the blades has broken. The other needs sharpening, but not much point for just one.

Predictably I got blank looks at Homebase asking about blades. They didn't have anything for other machines that looked as though it might fit, and they're just about the only diy store in this area. I can't find the original handbook, nor can I trace Lynx themselves on the net.

Can anyone suggest a source of spare blades - even generic ones from independent suppliers?

John

Reply to
John

David Neale

Try snipped-for-privacy@homebase.co.uk for details of the manufacturer/supplier at that time. Also try your Yellow Pages for local lawnmower/garden machinery spares/repairs in case they have blades that will fit.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

I have never seen generic shredder blades, only machine-specific. Whoever made the Lynx might have used blades that fit another make/model, so it is worth looking around.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Perhaps you could ask someone in the UK who, as a recreational activity, likes *gardening*.

HTH.

Reply to
Chris Bacon