vinyl floor sealer

Hi all, Have just had new vinyl floor covering put in my bathroom, I was looking for a sealer type of thing I could put on it before we get urine stains around the WC.

I can see lots of big tubs of stuff, mostly for stone or wood.

I have just been in a hardware shop but could not see anything suitable Can anyone recommend something suitable please?

My bathroom is small 1. 1/4 by 1. 1/2 Meters. Mick.IOW.

Reply to
Mick IOW

Vinyl does not need sealing - it's not porous and I've never heard of such a product.

Stick a bog mat around the loo - and boil wash that weekly or fortnightly. That catches most of the yuk.

Reply to
Tim Watts

If your aim is that bad sit down to pee, problem solved.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

And use a sealer on the underside of the loo seat.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hi Mike, I do sit down, (because of dribbling) it is when others use it. I did not want to see the new floor covering get so stained! Mick.

Reply to
Mick IOW

Vinyl is already sealed. Neat bleach gets rid of any pee.

I remember lino being waxed long ago, but it would be pointless to do that with vinyl.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Doesn't your fancy new bog hold your todger for you ensuring perfect aim and no drips? :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

David Lang

Its when other people use it, I sit anyhow. Mick.

Reply to
Mick IOW

Just to add - if you don't like the idea of a fluffy towel soaking up the pee, then why not make a mat (shaped around the pedestal) from a vinyl off cut?

Protection, you can lift it and wash it, and replace it if required with another piece.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Thanks, looks good have ordered some. Mick.

Reply to
Mick IOW

Thanks Dave, That does sound worth doing. Mick.

Reply to
Mick IOW