Stains on Bathroom floor (urine)

Hi all, Our bathroom floor was re covered with a vinyl covering that was laid from a roll It was fitted as part of a bathroom upgrade by our Housing association a year ago, I have no paperwork to see what it is, it seems softer than lino though and thicker.
This is mostly a male household and there care urine stains in front of and around the base! I have removed the stain with a pet urine remover and a weak bleach clean.
Is there a sealer that I can use to help prevent the stains please? I realize we need a better aim as well of course! Thanks, Mick.
On 28/11/2012 22:02, Mick wrote:

Sit down. :-)
Get any of many WC mats to go round. Wash as needed (most can be chucked in a washing machine - you do have one of those?)
--
Rod

When refurb'ing the bathroom of my flat that had been occupied by between one and two males for the last 13 years I couldn't beleive what I found. When I lifted the toilet base it was as though somebody had lit a small circular bonfire on the floor. Admittedly, part of it was the bodge job done by the lino installers, I'd specified that it go /under/ all the fittings, instead they "carefully" trimmed it around the bases. I had to strip all the flooring out and replace it. Luckily, it was cladding used to give a smooth surface, so I could just reclad it. I still had to spend several hours on my knees with bleach and a scrubbing brush sterilising the underfloor.
So, ensure lino goes /under/ the loo, and use a supply of fluffy toilet cosies and chuck 'em away at regular intervals.
JGH
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:05:27 PM UTC, polygonum wrote: <snip>

YMMV, but I've found that often results in a stream perfectly aimed at the gap between seat and pan...

You too, huh?
--
Today is Pungenday, the 41st day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3178
"I saw Lon Cheney walking with the Queen."
On 29/11/2012 16:56, Huge wrote:

Sit facing the cistern...
Even if you get it wildly wrong, there is a sporting chance of some of it dribbling down into the bowl.
(Do I do this? Of course not. Do you think I make an idiot of myself in front of, oh, umm, myself?)
--
Rod

so at least two of you get semi's when using the toilet??
Jim K
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 2:47:38 PM UTC, Jim K wrote:

Apparently some people defy gravity in this manner in their default condition. Of course if there's enough for gravity to act on this problem would be unlikely. I hope that is sensitively put ! Simon.
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:02:36 PM UTC, Mick wrote:

Bleach gets rid of a lot of it, but not hard desposits. Acids remove hard deposits. A toilet mat should intercept any more, housetraining might be of use too.
NT
Hi again, The floor covering is cut around the pan base not under it, I did put mastic sealer around the join. And yes we do use the shaped mats, but of course any dribbles on the rim will run down the outside of the pan and under the mat!
Which was why I hoped there was a clear sealer of some sort that I could apply.
Since It is me who has to clean around it, I do normally sit to use it, but I cannot follow others in there "can I? :-)" Mick.

Get a cleaning woman in regularly.
--
Frank Erskine

Frank Erskine wrote:

If I could get a woman to come in regularly, *I'd* do the cleaning :)
JGH
Or a bigger pan.
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Mick" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
On 28/11/12 22:02, Mick wrote:

The worst urine deposits I have ever seen were in an all girl household when I 'lifted the seat'
My guess is she had never done so before.
--
Ineptocracy

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I lifted the seat in an all female student flat and there was some blood there.
Bill
On 29/11/2012 09:54, Bill Wright wrote:

This is all getting a bit detailed. My wife regularly berates me for wet seats. She was gobsmacked to see unequivocal evidence that she was equally guilty. Not lifting the seat and not getting to see what you are doing impairs women as well as men.
A home remedy!
Make a solution with dish-washing liquid and white vinegar and dilute it with hot water. Rinse mop the floor using this solution repeatedly. Then rinse the floor with water. This removes the urine off the floor.
Cover the site of urine with baking soda and let it sit overnight. this neutralizes the smell. You can then vacuum the floor to get the baking soda off the floor.
--
vincentverges

On Monday, January 7, 2013 6:18:09 AM UTC, vincentverges wrote:

We replaced the floorboards ;-) Simon.