Subject Author Posted Replies

Emergency lights..... Discuss
I have a downstairs lighting circuit, a 1st floor lighting circuit, a Garage lighting circuit and a Loft lighting circuit on 4 off 6A RCBOs. I also have a Smoke, Heat and CO detectors circuit on a 6A...
102
102

Wall fixings behind a flue - how?
I'm still puzzling over my flue fixing problem. Nearly all of the ready made flue brackets I can find assume that you are mounting them before the flue is installed. I need a "retrofit" bracket! :-)...
4
4

simple group post Q
Previously for years been using FireFox to read usenet, and when I read a post it greys out ... unless I mark it as unread. Now when I read post they still show as unread ..... is there a setting of...
5
5

Thermal store & Boiler Temperature
Have just had the boiler changed to a Viessmann OV 32 kW Its primaries connect direct to a thermal store, and the thermostat at the bottom 1/3rd of the store sets the temp of water within. The stat is...
1
1

smart phones
Does anybody else worry about the need to carry a smart phone in the near future to travel by train or even have a piss?......we won't need identity cards just a phone to be tracked in everything we...
84
84

Courier Woes
Here, we have always had excellent service from the local Hermes, sorry, Evri, driver. He is good, and provides service way beyond what I see others receiving. On the other hand, Yodel has been...
7
7

hello@octopus.energy enquiring about the possibility of swapping to them as an energy supplier (2023 Update)
I sent an email on the 4th Nov, to snipped-for-privacy@octopus.energy, enquiring about the possibility of swapping to them as an energy supplier. No reply was forthcoming since then. Are they normally...
19
19

Energy Tariffs
I have just had emails from British Gas confirming details of my new tariffs from this month, gas and electric payments up by about 50%. However, all previous correspondence said that I am on a fixed...
9
9

Wear and tear insurance?
Is rodent wear and tear insurable on a property? A squirrel has eaten part of a gutter, letting water in during a heavy storm. Internal decoration ruined, lounge needs repainting. Broker has advised...
18
18

Excel greys out all the options until I save
I'm suddenly having to edit an Excel sheet. I've never used Excel before. It greys out all the options until I save. Is this normal?
48
48

Blocked Gutter Downpipe
On the first floor of a house the gutter downpipe is blocked up. The first thought is to try to push a garden hose up from the bottom. The internal diameter of the pipe is 6cm. The length of the metal...
16
16

Pressure washer recommendation?
My old Kärcher has just died. Had it for many years and it doesn’t owe me anything. The power switch is broken and whilst attempting to get access to the switch I foolishly tried to separate the...
7
7

Expanding Foam applicator
When i moved, I must have lost the applicator (a screw-on tube) that controls the flow of the foam. It is a full cartridge. I cannot find a source for a replacement applicator. Can anyone help? TIA
2
2

Gas off, turn boiler off?
They are doing gas main replacement work in our street. The information prior to this suggested that the gas people would need access to check that the boiler was turned off, then access again when...
17
17

Delta T. Snake oil methinks. if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
Delta T changes the properties of water to make it more efficient. Central heating systems heat up faster and stay hotter longer saving the user money. Delta T changes the properties of water to make...
4
4