Subject Author Posted Replies

OT or not? Buying a USB caddy for 2.5" drive
My laptop is on its death bed and I have to buy a new one. I have tons of data on my internal drive and I'll have to remove the drive, fit it on a caddy and then plug it into the new laptop. What...
23
23

Roof cleaning…
If you have a roof that you can walk on and need to de-moss it I’d recommend a wet’n’dry vacuum cleaner. Normally I sweep all the crap down the roof, into the gutters and on to the patio. This...

Using a diesel air heater to heat a home workshop
Has anyone used something like this a workshop heater? I'm wondering about getting a portable one and sitting it outside the garage or shed with the hot air outlet connected to a pipe to take it...
30
30

Off-peak energy discounts
I think there was a post on this recently? Anyway, just noticed this from my supplier: E.ON Next Community Thread So some of you may have seen recently in the news that National Grid will be enabling...
44
44

Solar power wiki
Looking idly at the wiki I'm not seeing much on solar panels, inverters or addition of batteries to systems. Is my searching at fault or is there scope for a new section?
31
31

Revolution design for better sanding experience
【DIAMOND SHAPE SURFACE】 - the revolutionary design increases the speed of discharge of wear debris during the sanding process. excellent anti-blocking and heat dissipation functions greatly...
1
1

Email Problem
My email (hosted by Heart Internet) has been down all day and I've been back and forth to their website checking status every half an hour or so. There's an option to receive email updates so I signed...
28
28

Part P electrical fires might be back down to the level they were at before
Give it another 6-7 years and electrical fires might be back down to the level they were at before Part P was introduced ... <> The number electrical wiring fires has increased since the government...
17
17

testing of UK-d-i-y
Thunderbird appears to have got its knockers in a twist over this newsgroup So testinbg it
7
7

i-Pad and Zoom.
I host a Zoom meeting. One of us is 99 years old - but still manages pretty well, living on his own, with help for shopping etc. Sadly, rather far away from where I live. He manages to join the...
9
9

Ink carts for sale
Before I shove this lot on eBay: I've got a number of ink cartridge sets (compatibles, not OEM) for these Canon printers if anyone's interested. I bought these from BadgerInks and the printer stopped...

Re: New BBC and Absolute radio streaming URLS
Hello Would anyone know if there was a URL for beyond radio for the north west of the uk?? regards
4
4

Vaillant chimney sweep mode
A plumber (actually not a plumber but somebody who thinks he is a plumber) told me that, upon restarting the gas heating after a long summer pause, my old Vaillant (late 1990s) should be blasted at...
17
17

How can I resuscitate a Bosch dishwasher?
My Bosch built-in dishwasher seems to be pretty dead - no lights showing, and no response to the on/off switch. It seemed fine when I ran it yesterday, but probably didn't finish its cycle. SWMBO...
15
15

Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!
Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them so that say the end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the...
8
8