Subject Author Posted Replies

Installing heater under a flat roof for snow?
Google is not the only search engine, and yours are not the only search terms :) In addition to Adrian's link a minute or 2 on Bing gives NB I've not used them. I know of them only from an aborted...
25
25

The small things get you
Get with the program Rick, the deal was to sell that electric to *me* at an exorbitant price, not to use it for something useful. ;-) ;-)
9
9

Washing Machine Black Mould
+1
34
34

House to Garage Door Spec.
Hi folks. Could anyone afford a definitive answer to our conundrum? Old garage now habitable space, new garage aded to the front of old garage with access door between the two spaces. Is there a...

Ant killer
We have something of an ant problem inside at present. The house is a barn conversion and we have at least one nest under the floor (which is boards on battens over a concrete slab. I suspect the slab...
10
10

Flat or slightly sloping roof question
Looking at replacing a small flat roof on an extension (thread a couple of months ago). Expected cost around £1k. I was looking at the powder coated steel roof of our shed the other day and thinking...
18
18

Smart homes
Wow - Radio 4 "You and Yours" today on smart homes... When choosing a smart home product, you will almost certainly want internet connectivity, but you must choose a product which will still work...
3
3

OT: Holy Crap batman
EU president tell us that aliens are concerned over brexit... Is there yet another thing they are not telling us?
9
9

Bizarre duct tapes
On the 3rd Aldi had a range of wacky duct tapes - I suspect a lot will remain unsold. NT
6
6

Saving animations
Sure, however, I was just checking that I hadn't missed something Weatherlawyer was saying re actually creating the animated gif out of the individual gifs (it seems I hadn't). Including me. ;-)...
33
33

OT: flogging a car on ebay
I hate to add to the plethora of OT stuff here, but are there actually any active car-related ngs left now? I've decided to offload my car on ebay; it's probably worth around a grand. It's in good...
14
14

Now I know ...
Good question, because I think it cures under some circumstances: "The Punctureseal liquid/fiber matrix repair is formed by the action of entwined fibers in the sealant being forced into the damage...
16
16

Siamp connection insecure
Our close-connected toilet cistern split from top to bottom down one corner(!) recently and dumped the contents, along with the refilling flow, onto the floor and through the ceiling to the dining...
19
19

Feedback on shoe goo
Shoe Goo has been praised a few times for extreme fixing of footwear. I don't know if I have a different product with a similar name but what I have seems to be just like Bostik - smells the same and...
6
6

Bloody weather!
Still trying to do the roof on my shed. I need at least 2 days without rain but 1 day would see a lot of it done. Last 2 days fine - not had time. Forecast fine fro today. Get tarpaulin and half of...
6
6