Kitchen Appliances 'Made in Britain@

Are there any?
We are in the process of re-fitting a kitchen. SWMBO wants to fit only white goods made in the UK. She vwas looking at Hotpoint until she was told that they were made in china/far east. Are there any manufacturers who make wquipment in the UK?
Malcolm
http://www.avg.com
On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 22:25:53 +0100, Malcolm Race wrote:

I think our Belling hob was BICBW.
--
TOJ.

I believe a company called Crosslee PLC produce tumble driers under the White Knight brand near Halifax.
Richard
And don't forget the cutting edge Dolly tubs and Washboards available in Stoke On Trent.
AB
On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 15:01:41 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky wrote:

    There's also a hot and cold fill washing machine made up north somewhere, the name escapes me.

+1 - you beat me to it. Used to drive past their factory on the way to work.
http://www.crosslee.co.uk/english/index.html
They have a factory shop which sells 2nds
http://www.whiteknightrange.co.uk/factory-graded-centre/
This web site is helpful:
https://ukmade.wordpress.com/tag/
--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/

Dance like no-one's watching. / Encrypt like everyone is.
Malcolm Race wrote:

On 29/04/2017 23:26, Andy Burns wrote:

10 year warranty. Is that impressive or is there a catch (other than the one wash a day)?
--
Adam

On 30/04/2017 10:23, ARW wrote:

There's possibly a big catch buried in the Terms and Conditions:
"These warranties are only available through Ebac retailers in selected Northern England locations during the product launch period."
Given the way their website splashes the 10 year warranty on the page selling them without even mentioning that it is subject to T&Cs ISTM shady at best and very possibly over the edge.
--
Robin
On 30/04/2017 10:23, ARW wrote:

My Ebac homedry dehumidifier was bought 2nd hand in 1988, shipped out to Fiji, spent 2 years running almost continuously, then shipped back in 1990 and I have used it every winter since then.
Unlike my car, it has never needed regassing (probably full of CFC though).
"Malcolm Race" wrote in message

The only machine in the Hotpoint range that's made in the UK is their tumble driers. Ours arrived Thursday of last week, from one of Amazon's traders via DPD.
A few minutes into it's first drying cycle, it was clear that the cylinder wasn't rotating. I informed Hotpoint and an engineer duly arrived. "Most odd" said the engineer, "The belt has broken, doesn't happen often, I'll have to order one from Bristol, where they're made".
So there's a new appointment for Thursday. You'd think he would carry a spare belt to cover all tumble drier models? Shudder to think of the cost of 2 visits, plus 2 lots of petrol. My advice : buy foreign, unless you like music hall farces :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyeMFSzPgGc

On 29/04/2017 23:36, Bertie Doe wrote:

Why carry a part if it never breaks?
Phil L wrote:

I once had a radiator hose spew out water on a 3 month old VW Transporter. Big hole in the hose. "Technician" said faulty manufacturing.
On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 17:36:58 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"

Criminal company

Scott wrote:

Company vehicle. It happened whilst I was going home late Friday afternoon. I was 150 miles from home and not too pleased.
He will then find there is a defect in the bearing or pullwey and need a spare. We used to make TVs in this country back in the early 70s, but they needed a live in engineer for the first couple of months.
Brian
--
----- -
Brian Gaff wrote:

    That's because a lot of the market was rental and you needed to prove to the customer that it was cheaper than buying the product. Redifusion used to recall their sets after about 5 years and refurbish them to get another 5 years life cheaply. The ideal fault free life was 12 months IIRC! The Japanese buggered up the market by making reliable sets!

Like the factory at Hirwaun in south Wales, jointly owned by GEC and a Japanese company. The product was "badge engineered", both makes coming off the same production line. Nobody wanted to buy the "unreliable" British make, but the Japanese one sold so well that the Japanese took over the whole production line.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

charles wrote:

    That was Sony IIRC Toshiba took over Bush at Plymouth.

not Sony - they were st Bridgend.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England