Damaged Plasterboard

What is the bast way to repair an area of water damaged plasterboard internal wall. It is at the end of a bath where the tiles end. Water has lifter the paper / paint.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

You can replace plasterboard, but can you repair it?

Reply to
GB

I'm afraid is cut out and replace. If it were me, I'd replace with aquapanel of some sort (waterproof).

Reply to
Tim Watts

+1
Reply to
harry

Replace the whole panel if possible. If not, cut out the bad area & slot fresh PB in behind it. Stick it all together with no-more nails, plaster etc. Tiles require no movement whatever to last.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

or cement board (like Hardie backer)

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

If you don't actually have a hole in the plasterboard I would brush out anything totally crumbly, seal with pva, fill and smoooth with filler, seal again with pva and paint over it. or tile over it. But it depends how perfect a finish you need. TW

Reply to
TimW

TimW wrote in news:oe6tfi$qqh$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Thanks - it is an awkward spot. the plasterboard had been cut away to allow the slighly too long bath to fit in. The wall is tiled down to the bath but at some time the silicone had let some damp through and this got into the raw cut of the PB. The problem is at the outer corner of the bath. I am thinking of using your suggestion - possibly inject some PVA behind the PB Paper layer, then skimming it. Or should I remove the "blown" paper?

Reply to
DerbyBorn