Kitchen Appliances 'Made in Britain@

There's possibly a big catch buried in the Terms and Conditions:

"These warranties are only available through Ebac retailers in selected Northern England locations during the product launch period."

Given the way their website splashes the 10 year warranty on the page selling them without even mentioning that it is subject to T&Cs ISTM shady at best and very possibly over the edge.

Reply to
Robin

That was Sony IIRC Toshiba took over Bush at Plymouth.

Reply to
Capitol

+1 - you beat me to it. Used to drive past their factory on the way to work.

They have a factory shop which sells 2nds

This web site is helpful:

Alan J. Wylie

Even if you can find one, you can be sure that the fill valves and level sensor will be Italian.

Reply to
newshound

In these days of globalisation, you'd be lucky to find anything like that totally made in the UK. Possibly partially assembled. But the chances are the oily bits will come from elsewhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

not Sony - they were st Bridgend.

Reply to
charles

Blame customers. GEC and Hitachi TVs used to come off the same production line in wales, the only thing different was the badge. GEC couldn't sell them and they sold their share of the plant and then it got closed down.

Reply to
dennis

More likely Chinese.

Reply to
dennis

That's the one I mentioned earlier.

Reply to
charles

When the current Hotpoint cooker goes 'pop', I'll have a look at Stoves.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I remember that 3 decades ago when a 2 models of a VHS video recorder came off the same production line and were identical apart from the case cosmetics the badge. Which? tested them both and gave one with the JCV badge a best buy recommendation and slated the other as rubbish.

Reply to
alan_m

they did the same with Fergusson & HMV tv sets - and that was in the '60s.

Reply to
charles

alan_m

I once had a radiator hose spew out water on a 3 month old VW Transporter. Big hole in the hose. "Technician" said faulty manufacturing.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Criminal company

Reply to
Scott

Company vehicle. It happened whilst I was going home late Friday afternoon. I was 150 miles from home and not too pleased.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

My Ebac homedry dehumidifier was bought 2nd hand in 1988, shipped out to Fiji, spent 2 years running almost continuously, then shipped back in

1990 and I have used it every winter since then.

Unlike my car, it has never needed regassing (probably full of CFC though).

Reply to
Andrew

In the USSR you needed a live-in fireman to deal with their locally-made colour tv's.

Reply to
Andrew

Noted, thank you.

Reply to