New Kitchen and Bathroom

Hi there

I am in the market for a complete new kitchen, including flooring, tiling, units, white goods etc. Also new bathroom. Can anyone recommend where to go for a full service, design and fitting? I know the normal MFI, IKEA etc but are there any others that people would recommend. Its the fitting side I am most concerned with as I believe that these companies use contractors rather than there own work force. Am I correct. Any companies who have deals on at this time?

Thanks

Reply to
Zinzan

DONT use B & Q, unless you enjoy take away meals, or microwave meals to excess !.

When we ordered our kitchen from B & Q, we were told everything was in stock except the breakfast bar legs. We told them to forget about the legs & just give us everything else.

2 days before the kitchen was due to arrive on 22nd July we received a phone call to say the cooker wouldn't be arriving till 16th August, but everything else would be on schedule.

When the kitchen arrived on the 22nd, the hob, dishwasher, & cooker hood didn't arrive either. We eventually received them today (8th August), 2 &

1/2 weeks late !.

We had to send 10 scratched cabinet doors back - it looks as though they were roughly handled during manufacture as all were scratched in the same direction & packaging was fine.

woodglass...

Reply to
woodglass

I do a fine trade in matching MFI/ B&Q etc installation quotes. They quote for a kitchen install and maybe tiling, site unseen I know I can match the quote yet floor & decorate etc at no extra. I shall never understand how people are happy with there 'new' kitchen when so much normally remains to be done.

MFI are outstandlingly the worst at delivery. One case for me last year, delivery date March, many bits missing including one corner base unit. 'Work around it said the 'MFI expert'. Draw handles and remaining 3 doors arrived in December. Since they will not contemplate any kind of cash on delivery I'd tell'em to poke it.

Rant over

Peter