Subject Author Posted Replies

Releasing company fuse from mounting board and cooker cable size?
I want to cut about 2" of the top of the board that holds an electricity meter and the company fuse. To do this I need to remove the board. I can see how to unscrew the meter, but there are no visible...
35
35

Riverside Cottage 7
OK so all the plumbing apart from some microbore buried in the walls is stripped out. Radiators in fair order stacked on a pallet ready for scrap or? Today's questions:- What do people do with...
10
10

Reinforcing the back of a TV or monitor
We have (had) a standard 20" Sony TV in our motor home, mounted on the wall. It has been fine for a number of years but now I notice that the plastic around the VESA mount has broken in one corner and...
13
13

falure mode of immersion heater also causing leak?
Hi All what connection, if any, is there likely to be a connection between the following two events: - Immersion heater seems to have failed (power going to terminals OK) - a small leak around the top...
17
17

OT: Victoria
The ITV drama 'Victoria' was first class. Good lighting. Camera work so professional you were never aware of it. Good clear sound. No absurd political correctness. If the BBC had made it it would have...
77
77

Homebase sale
Homebase are selling off all their own brand (Guild) power tools. None of it good quality, but it seems very cheap. I bought an 800w reciprocating saw for £24, and they had a 1kw SDS+ drill for £29...
9
9

OT Current French matters
15
15

Nicd cells for DeWalt battery packs
Can someone recommend a good (ie reasonable price) place to get Nicd cells for DeWalt battery packs? I trying email a few weel-know places - no go. The new packs are £££ and there are several...
6
6

Riverside Cottage 6
Now stripping out plumbing and electrics. Is it a hanging offence to use a 15mm compression stop end on a gas pipe? There is no provision for locking the supply shut off valve in the outdoor meter...
10
10

Knob next to fireplace
There's a knob - like a doorknob - attached to the wall on each side of the fireplace in my Victorian house. Anyone know what they were for? Attaching a fireguard perhaps? The fireplace in Alice...
27
27

measuring devis
I want to measure the width of a groove which is only about 3.5mm wide and 1-3 mm deep. Ordinary Mitutoyo calipers with pointed tips are not much good for this application due to the shallow nature of...
17
17

Auto phone calls, when the utilities have issue?
I have just replaced our phones, with a set which filters out nuisance callers, unless they are live callers who can follow a proceedure to get through. My new concern is that we sometimes get...
45
45

Rededa vices
I've inherited a large Rededa vice and would be interested to find if anyone out there knows anything about the company that made this brand eg the name of the company, where they were based and...
3
3

Shed of the year
Just finished watching the final episode of 'Shed of the Year'. Enjoyable, although I wouldn't really class a lot of them as sheds. But the voting was all over the place. As with Brexit, you just...

OT Farage in the USA
Wednesday, August 24, 2016: Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage, aka 'Mr. Brexit', spoke at the Donald Trump rally in Jackson, MS. Nigel Farage Speaks at Donald Trump Rally in Jackson, MS
7
7